CA18DET preservation society

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by dori_wey, Nov 11, 2012.

1. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

i have heard about this but tbh the price of a cooler kit, then getting all the bits separately minus cooler is about the same and the hassle involved, were as a power steering cooler seams like a better idea with the diff cooler ?

2. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

This perfectly sums up CA ownership, when they're good they're great when they're bad, you can't find out why.

3. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

i recon im guna take of the cam covers clean it all out and the pipe next to plenum, and do my breather set up so it doesn't overstress the oil system also i may have a look in to running to catch cans hows this done can some one post a paint finest picture of various setups that work best, also a miss fire when its hot you running the coil pack Dave from DY engine said running the cover can cause a lot of problems with the coil packs when hot

4. 35touring

35touring Member

Hi mate would love a picture of your twin catch tank setup... Mite do the same on my engine :)

Brad

5. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

im not to sure how this works either guidance would be ideal

6. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

U asking me for pics of my catch can setup?

7. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

idealy please mate fairly detailed so i can see exactly how your doing yours?

8. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

9. SteveC200

My set up. the square and round things on the left are catch cans. You dont really need to run two pipes from the exhaust cam cover, that was me going overkill on it.:)

[​IMG]

10. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

thats how i may eventually do mine right now i have pcv blocked and intake and exhaust sides going into one to the catch can on one port then the other port on the catch can vented is that ok ? causing me great stress this catch can stuff as i had a lot of oil going into the catch can and out the vented bit but it was slightly over filled and the breather set up wasn't ideal ordering some new hose and doing a better job for it and putting a proper filter rather than bit of cloth taped :wack: rush job and with a filter on the vented bit and mounting it further away, or is it having the intake and exhaust connected going into one line explain ?
    any help as its causing vast stress :smash:

11. SteveC200

By having both pipes joined together and then into the catch can you arent really freeing up the breathing over the stock set up. Bodge up a temporary can out of an old oil can, run the pipes separately and see how you get on. If you still get too much oil in the cans you might have to start looking elsewhere to find the cause.

12. lezbrucelee

theres some pics of my setup on page 2 of this thread, the can i used is for a bailey one for a fiesta rs turbo and it vents under the car via a pipe which i clipped down by the exhaust. The pcv valve isnt in the pic but i just blanked that off

13. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

ive just had a look its quite hard to see how its set up there's piping under inlet is that replacing how the little bendy thing can you draw a picture or something to show it in layman's terms please ?

14. ianlea73

ianlea73 Well-Known Member

Here's mine mate as promised,just the basic set up.
    [​IMG]

15. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

Where can you get proper quality hoses to do this as mine are flimsy shit and I can't be arsed to male it out of hardpipe like is originally planned

16. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

that's how mine is now but with out the little breather filter would that make much of a difference and i want to mount it on the other side, i spent a while inspecting that picture its actually rely impressive, very neat and tidy :thumbs::thumbs:

17. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

18. lezbrucelee

Yer ill do a quick pic tmw for ya

Get ur pipes from Rally design well priced and good quality stuff. Just type rally design into Google. Dont buy cheap shit off ebay It just falls to bits

19. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

thanks about pipeing mate will have a look on there :) and cheers for the drawing

20. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

Cheers fellas will be getting some from rally design