CA18DET Sudden loss of power.

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Doonits, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Doonits

Doonits Member

Hey,

I have a problem with my CA18DET, I can't figure out the problem.

I went drifting one day and heard a loud bang, which blocked up the whole car for a second and pulled me into the seat. Something metal fell off and I saw it, was a black small object, though when I went on foot to see what it was, there was nothing on the track. It was driven off. No problems occurred that day, though a few days later it rained and suddenly my car wasn't running right. The car was popping and barely had any power. It built boost, it definitely isn't a boost leak and my turbo is brand new.

I looked into it and thought maybe the spark plugs / coil packs have some moisture in them, though they were dry. I put everything back into place and tried driving, and the result after a few days wait is that the car occasionally loses power and the RPM's drop drastically and upon hitting boost the car has no power at all. I stopped and tried to turn around and the car almost stalled with my foot to the floor, it had no power at all to start moving even.

- it gets worse when the engine is warm and during taking turns. feels like i'm running no boost pressure at all, though I hear it spool and the bov going off.

Any help?

Cheers!