Calling jzx owners : JZX100 daily – common issues to look for

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by driftdog, Feb 14, 2019.

1. driftdog

driftdog Member

Advice needed before I make any purchase.

The JZX 100 has always been on the mind to get and own from years back when I manual’d my ls400 up to today.

And seen as my van sold I now have opportunity and properly fancy one more than ever but here is where things gets iffy for me, I KNOW JACK SHIT ABOUT THEM or most Jap vehicles anyway.

Im a bmw guy so naturally the other car im thinking of is an e39 M5.

I rag a 36 318ti to work an back daily and jump on the MC soon as the temperature rises so the JZX would a road only weekend special type car, just to treat myself to some good noises and style at the weekend.

So,

What should one be looking for that can be a pain to fix, replace or get hold off ????

Brakes?

Bushes?

Any electronics that are known to just give up ?

Seals + bearings ?

Etc etc

What have you guys found to be the most common things that needs doing no matter how clean a jzx may look ?

And at what typical cost ?

Cheers dudes

2. jay-young

jay-young Active Member

Mine JZX has 225xxx km on it. Factory auto. Literally 0 problems. I've had to replace the odd bush here and there. It has HSD dualtechs, hardrace upper arms, Meister Sp1 wheels. I daily mine and the 1JZ motor has been bang on.

3. mint

mint touch my fruit

Rear diff mounts. Tension rod bushings. Dash lift. Clutches.

Mines done like 200k i think I have no idea tbh. I have had mine for 8 years, Changed clutch like 4 or 5 times? Changed my bushings once and uprated all the arms at one point. Havent sorted the Dash lift yet cause meh.

Watch rear quarters. They are cheese.. literally will fold at the tap of a feather. Designed as a crumple zone.

Few sensors that might fluff up depending on how its been driven etc. Few items can be pricey but can now source it all easier than you could 7 or 8 year ago lmao. I swapped out alot of them when I got the car to cure some vvti issues / running issues.

They are epic cars, I cant imagine mine will ever be for sale now.

4. driftdog

driftdog Member

Cheers dudes. Much apriciated ✌

5. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

You gotta really watch out for nobbers that say , ‘nice skyline mate’ or ‘wot series is it?’