Calling on the knowledge base....

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by SidewaysRob, Apr 24, 2006.

1. SidewaysRob

SidewaysRob Member

Hello all,

I need pointing in the right direction for a few things and thought, where better to ask?

i) I'm looking for where I could find a decent diff for a 1st gen Mazda MX-5?

ii) I'm looking for a Head Gasket set for a Nissan 200sx (S13) ca18-det. J spec engine?

iii) Where can I get a handbrake system to fit a Mazda RX-7 FD?

iv) Where, if anywhere, I could get a tv unit for a Toyota Soarer?

Weird selection of bits, but I thought that people on here would know of good places to go for most of it.

Cheers

Rob

2. sr20-power

sr20-power Member

for the tv screen for the sorear is it because it is a inport and wont work in the uk or is it broke

the sx head gasket set what do you mean there is only one gasket for the head or do you mean all the garskets for a engine build

do you want a uprated head gasket or standard

#2 sr20-power, Apr 24, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  3. ToFu Ben

ToFu Ben JZX90

i get help you on the MX-5 diff.

4. SidewaysRob

SidewaysRob Member

The TV in the soarer doesnt work (its a H reg). All the buttons around it make a sound, but the screen itself which appears to be touch screen doesnt work. The car is an import, and I dont know if the screen was all in japanese or not?

As far as the gaskets go, a set is cool, but only a standard. Doesn't need to be anything fancy.

5. sr20-power

sr20-power Member

if it is a head gasket you want go to nissan or just get a uprated one they are probley the same price

you only need a full gasket set if you are rebuilding the engine

i no some sorear screen,s dont work in the uk but you can get a chip to convert them so they do but it depend,s if your,s is fooked or not

6. .G.

.G. New Member

Id give apex performance my money for the gaskets. well good service too.

7. SidewaysRob

SidewaysRob Member

Cool cool,

The Soarer TV unit appear to work, however nothing appears on the screen. If you touch the screen in certain places, namely bottom right to middle, then there is a beep.

I'm wondering whether its a known thing with them and you can replace the screen fairly cheaply. Any ideas on availability on prices for replacements?

Thanks
    Rob