Camber Top Mounts & Lowering Springs

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Nettlez, May 11, 2017.

1. Nettlez

Nettlez New Member

So i have an e30 which I am looking to upgrade the suspension on. It currently has 45mm struts and 40mm lowering springs all around and I like the height it sits at as it is a the minute. I have some 51mm struts and some Gaz camber/castor adjustable top mounts to go on. I'm looking at getting either Bilstein or Koni inserts but not sure on what springs to get as I have measured up the top mounts and there's a difference is 22mm in height, so if I get some decent quality springs like H&R I believe will end up with a 55-60mm drop on the front which I don't want. The car has m50 turbo conversion and 60mm isn't practical with the sump being so low.

So has anyone had this problem before? I'm thinking the only way around it is to maybe get some aluminium spacers made to go between the top mount and the body and then put longer bolts in the top mounts?

2. Nettlez

Nettlez New Member

So for any one interested this is the idea I have come up with, I have made a spacer that goes between the two parts of the adjustable top mount. One spacer is slightly thicker than the other to level the car out. Pics below

IMG_4555.JPG

IMG_4555.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

IMG_4553.JPG