Car Cammera CCTV recorder for your car... Russian Video style!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by SX_BIG, Aug 16, 2013.

1. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

So.. does anyone have one?

They are around 15 quid on ebay.. and for the sake of that small amout of money and the fact they turn on, off automatically, cycle the video and can be hard wired in it seems like a good idea? there's tons of scams out there to claim money.. I had a 5 year battle over something that wasnt my fault but they guy claimed ( well after the crash) that it was.. so i was thinking.. anyone else have one? Seems really worth while given the amount of retards out there.

2. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Could also fuck a lot of people on here over lol.

3. Davejames33

Davejames33 Member

I ordered this and just got delivered this morning. Doesn't have a screen on the camera but I've got a flip out screen on my car so can be connected to that. It's small enough to hide behind my interior mirror and just sticks to the screen. Cycles recordings starts automatically etc. Seems good. Ill test the quality over the next couple days

http://bit.ly/19mF2zg

4. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Pretty good idea to be honest, dunno how a court would view footage , the laws in this country are so fucked up as to what CCTV is seen as valid evidence!!!

I work in CCTV field on London Buses and I know this is not a crime prevention scheme its so they can prove the public wrong when Joe Bloggs falls down the stairs and claims , they just prove they weren't holding on to the rails or were stood up on a moving bus lol

4000 a bus bus one claim can cost millions.

Just an additional note , look for a unit that records H264 and at a D1 resolution or better

(d1 is a high resolution format , not drifting btw :D)

5. Marcar

Marcar Well Spoken Man
    Staff Member

6. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

Would be great if you could let me know how you get on mate. I Was looking at an even cheaper one. If they're 15 quid I was gonna put two up front to try and cover everything.

7. max1342

max1342 New Member

i think most people seem happy with the keyring ones on ebay for like £15 its just finding a trust worthy supplier with good feedback

8. Davejames33

Davejames33 Member

yeah i will do, ive connected it all up and on my screen, looks decent and covers the whole of the front and its quite discreet but i cant record anything yet and try it on my comp as im still waiting for my bloody memory card to be delivered!

9. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

Sounds good so far.

10. mrparr

mrparr New Member

Been tempted by something like this but want something small without a screen that can be mounted behind the rear view mirror. I worry about having something fancy looking with a screen as I would want it left in the car all the time and I worry about magpies thinking its some kinda of GPS and liberating it from the car for me. :-(

11. Jamie-PS13

Jamie-PS13 Active Member

Ive read somewhere that for it to be valid in court, the video needs to be time stamped. Not sure they have to be gps too.

12. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

I've even using one for the last 6-9 months into car and my wife's car

The quality is no where near what they say they are

Mine is a rear view mirror with irrigated 1080 hd infrared night vision etc etc. it's more like 720p if that with in focus visibility of about 5 meters in the day and about 2 at night. Out of focus is about 20-30 and 10 if on a well lit motorway at night

They are perfect if you purely want to monitor what happens incase of an accident but if you want go pro quality drift forgot age then its not gonna happen

I've caught a lot of things with mine including a sandbag left in the fast lane by a construction company, old man in a mobility scooter plowing in to the side of a car, red light jumpers etc etc

Just means I'm not going to get shafted in a non fault accident

13. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

Thats all I want it for. Sounds good. I know the one. Cheers.

14. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member

gym it get massive . when it happens pick up victim and where applicable fold victim neatly into boot or glovebox . allow 2-3 hours to ensure max panic release into wilderness .

15. cromwell

cromwell down under

16. DH_

DH_ New Member

Not than I'm condoning speeding or any dangerous driving at all buttt...
    My friend and I were coming down the loch side road at Loch Lomond past Luss going towards Glasgow after a very spirited drive through Scotland's beautiful roads. Bit of single carriageway and we caught up on a few cars stuck behind a artic. Road splits into dual c/way and 2 of 3 cars in front pull out and overtake, we overtake car and truck and the 1st car pulls in in front of truck. In front of us is a brand new Audi A6 estate (3L diesel 313bhp) that is flooring it, so we join in the fun. 100mph+ blah blah blah.
    Long story short the guy ends up slowing down and lets us overtake and when we pull along side him he flashes his lights... His terrifying blue police lights, it was a completely unmarked vehicle and these lights were magically concealed. So we're like aw great that's the car gone, license gone and a hefty fine.
    But they turn them off and drive away. Very weird.
    Further up the road we're trundling along the motorway towards Glasgow airport while trying to figure out what just happened and we are tailed by some asshole in.. A white Audi A6 with a couple of faces staring back at us through the window. Aw shite, it was them.
    So we're pulled over and the guy comes to the window, lecture about 100mph speeding and how we're in trouble for being total knobs (fair enough).
    At that point he spotted the GoPro stuck to the bonnet and changes his tune. Tells us to take the illegal bonnet decoration of and be on our way, sighs and heads back to his vehicle.
    Craziest/luckiest police encounter I've had lmao!
    ...and the GoPro had ran out of battery way back in Callander, not that he knew that...

Just shows that in/on-car cameras can help out in situations you might want to avoid!

17. corsacj

corsacj New Member

Im very tempted for one myself, after someone acting the dick after crashing into me, accusing me of all sorts

DH_ sounds like you were very lucky on that one lol, similar escape happened me racing on the motorway, somehow got off with it and had to pull in for a bit was shitting myself that much!

18. cefiro_drifta

lol mine has the same spec apart from no gps and I paid 40 quid delivered

19. cefiro_drifta

another way to avoid it is to not drive like absolute cunts

20. DH_

DH_ New Member

Possibly, but then what's the point in a big engine on a big, long, almost empty straight road at 1am...