Clutch gone? S14a

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by AdamS14a, Mar 24, 2017.

1. AdamS14a

AdamS14a Member

i haven't had the car to long and tonight I took it out drifting for the first time, the clutch was definitely high but wasn't slipping. On the drive home I noticed the gear box was very sloppy and the clutch seemed to have given up, when flooring it in any gear there was a few second delay before the car picked up any speed and then it revved very high but still picked up speed eventually, In the advert when I bought the car it stated that the clutch had been replaced in the last year (exedy oem) I know this could have been a lie or it had been abused since as the pedal was obviously high. Iv never had a slipping clutch before but to me it seems to be the case that the clutch has given up. I'm just after abit of advise to confirm my thoughts and what the best replacement would be. the car is basically a toy which is used solely for drifting so I'm after something that is going to be up for the job car is running 270bhp to the wheels so not a massive amount of power but will possibly be increasing this after a few teething problems are sorted, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers