Wanted Considering BGW big gay wing for my mk1 mx5

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by RedlineRob, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

Wing.. I want one that's a tad higher or level with the roof on the 33

2. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

As you say, makes little to no difference. With spoilers, it's all in the profile of the deck. Spoilers like this one are pretty much just for aesthetics... The shape of it with its swoops(although not as a drastic swoop as most spoilers) lends itself to just cause turbulence, drag or even lift.
    If you want an efficient spoiler that does some thing, you need a particular profile and a flat deck.

This isn't an attack on yours spin-king, it's just fact.

#22 dale_b, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  3. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

4. -BodyArt-

-BodyArt- Member

That reminds me. I've got some ironing to do.

5. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

No not at all bud its all about personal taste BGW's you love or hate them it is adjustable but like i said its just because i wanted it the ceffys shapped like a brick anyway lol

Would be amusing to see one of this size on a mx5.

snork its a japspeed spoiler

6. -BodyArt-

-BodyArt- Member

One of the ones with the fibre glass legs that if it did produce any down force would snap the legs very quickly especially set a pissed as they are on every car I've ever seen with that spoiler. I've even refused to fit that wing to a customer's FD because of how crooked the legs would have sat.

Also I'm not sure how adding more straight edges makes a brick less brick like.

7. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

Big gay wings make fuck all difference on a drift car unless your planning in drifting in triple figures, which in an mx5, unlikely. And then the difference would be so minimal you wouldn't notice it

There a fashion item. An actual functioning aero wing would cost a shit load of money and have to be designed for the car, generic wings do bugger all. Spend your money on something worth while

Oh and they looking fucking gay. Clues in the name

#27 initial_j, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  8. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

This, the other way up, with legs with adjustable tilt...

[​IMG]

9. Afmackdaddy

Afmackdaddy Member

Well hey Rob, hope you have had a lot to "Consider" after all the fine info people have given. I must say the wing on the hatchback is hilarious. Do what you want mate. As long as your drifting it, don't matter if you got no wing or a BGW or 2 huge dildos glued to the boot lid like rc antennas. Whatever floats your boat, just take some pics when it's all said and done so we can smile.

10. RedlineRob

RedlineRob Member

That is funny as hell, haha.
    How many looks did you get driving that? :L

I'm gonna give buying a wing a miss for a while i think, for the money i'd spend i might as well just put another 6 months tax on the car instead.

11. Millergt

Millergt Member

Have you ever priced up Vertex body parts from brand new, there expensive because off the amount off time and money is spent on production, because they do increase aerodynamics. They even say it on outsiders.

12. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Wrong dude to tell him he's wrong, especially when he's not. If you think the Japanese companies do any more R&D than blow there cigarette smoke into a large desk fan to test the aerodynamics, you are mistaken... They just make it look fucking boss!

13. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

Voltex springs to mind when i think of properly tested wings but there proper money too and for that reason ;)

14. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

It was only placed on not bolted down.

15. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

Bgw's are a phase, everyone goes through them at some point.. You'll soon get bored and move on

16. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

HAHAHAAH LOL They have a fucking expensive price thanks to the time it takes to make a body kit and design it. Im pretty sure its a few thousand , maybe even closer to 10k to build and manufacture an aftermarket kit from scratch with real quality and the real only benefit over OEM is its usually lighter and usually looks better.

Im pretty sure even someone like Renault spends a few 100k on the aerodynamics of a twingo :thumbs:

17. Sea Squirrel

Sea Squirrel Jeff Mills Is Watching!

Stiggy's wings (like he runs on the Mighty) - weren't they proper aerodynamics wings with time spent in an actual wind tunnel doing actual testing rather than just for form? I'm pretty sure I read he was selling them bloody cheaply too somewhere in the build of the Lexus. If you're going to get one it may as well do something as well, might be worth having a chat with him.

18. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

hmmmm unless he has mates or contacts i doubt that considering its about 500-800 quid a hour on average for a full size tunnel right up to 80 000 a day depending on equipment

19. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

rooooooooooofl!

20. bens851

bens851 Member

lmao I rekon you could fly that thing!