Courier that pays selling when item delivered??

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by MR.T, Sep 13, 2016.

1. MR.T

MR.T DRIFT RETARDED

Hi bit of a odd one. I want to send money to a seller for some coilovers but the guy doesn't have PayPal as won't accept he's bank details or something so I'm a bit stumped on how I can send him to money.
    I know I can bank transfer it and the guys seems sound but I'd rather not as you never know and I have no come back.

The seller suggested that he has heard of a courier service where the item is collected and when the said item is delivered to the buyer the courier releases the funds to sender.

Anyone know on this as I do want them but need a safe way to send the money and paypals a no no

#1 MR.T, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. m1key

m1key Member

The only way i would do business if the guy has no paypal is go fetch the parts and pay cash, to many storys of people being ripped off.

this might be a new scam be aware

3. MR.T

MR.T DRIFT RETARDED

They are monopros but sooo cheap and near new. I'm near Essex he's in Scotland so bit far to collect.
    Think I'll have to leave it. I mean he probably is genuine but without PayPal or a safe alternative I can't risk £350

4. J0RDAN

J0RDAN Member

Maybe get PayPal???....

5. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

That reeks of a scam. Tell him its 2016 and give you his banking details.

6. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Or, surely you know someone in scotland who can pick them up for you? You pay them, they buy the parts in cash and then ship them to you?

7. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Got a credit card? Pay him via bank transfer with the credit card, that will cover your arse

8. MR.T

MR.T DRIFT RETARDED

I did think credit card but I don't know how to bank transfer it as its with capital one.

I did say look call PayPal and sort your card issue and I'll pay now but he said no

That's what gets me you wanna sell them then you would spend 15min with PayPal and set one up

Can't find any coilovers for sale and when I have the threads are seized and shittie

Looks like I'll be buying new hsds

9. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

Who is he and where are they? Some scottish members might know him and can either say "good guy" or "wank"

10. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

I know what category id put you in Rubix...

11. MR.T

MR.T DRIFT RETARDED

12. Nite_Shayde

Nite_Shayde Active Member

I just did a reverse image search and that exact photo he's using for that ad has been taken off another forum and ad, not sure if I can post said thread here, but I'd steer well clear because of that.

Oh, and the location of the seller on the original thread/forum is from Australia, and the post was made August 2015.

13. dan_gsxr

dan_gsxr Member

arrange to collect them in person, or send someone so you have his address ect

then if you send him the cash and it does go south at least you know where to go get your money back!

14. MR.T

MR.T DRIFT RETARDED

Wow thanks dude. I love driftworks internet police. Yeah definitely going to stay away now with that plus with the guy refusing to use PayPal

15. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Get his address, pretend you are going to collect so some local person can pay the cunt a visit

16. Nite_Shayde

Nite_Shayde Active Member

No worries mate, reeks of a scam with everything you've said and the stolen photo. Reported the ad, hopefully it gets taken down before it catches some poor fella out...