Dans E36 Daily - Drifter

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Dan E36, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Wackojacko.

Wackojacko. Member

Yep, de spoilers looks miles better.

2. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Thanks guys yeah hated that old boot and spoiler it was totten as hell and 50 shades of grey old owner kept spraying the rust :(

I do like the dove tail spoilers like slide motorsport e36 has too ;)

3. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Thought id whore a few more snaps today that i took loving the car at the min really going to miss her from the end of the month when i take her off the road :( but why ..... Because driftcar

[​IMG]

Fat arse !!!!!!

[​IMG]

My faveeee love this shot !!!!

[​IMG]

4. Aaron328

Aaron328 Member

Good looking thread, good looking car- I was the young lad 'marshaling' on the 5th i could tell you were picking it up quickly, we would of been driving but parts of our car are still left in the barrier at Swaffham and the rest of it is in the scrap yard.

For anyone that are interested; HumberSlide is a few people who have asked local land owners to get a few cheap skid days in and around Hull, East Yorkshire due to there being next to nothing bar Teesside, even then that's a good 2 hour drive and isn't that beginner friendly compared to a flat concrete area. The two blokes running it have got their car painted up quite nice, and our new E36 is on its way to being painted too so everyone is quite serious about it. For more infomation look up 'Humberside drift scene' on facebook and 'hugster' on here.

5. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

thanks pal !!!! Between us all we need a new venue for us northerners !!!!!!!!!!! Its a must we are limited to teeside :/

6. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

For a laugh my mate asked me to enter top 50 mod nats as its te last day i will have the car on the road for drift side and cant belive it but i actually got in :D now got to do alot of work to get her ready

Just made myself a new air intake for drifting and to look mean at mod nats this pic is with my daily rims on but the filter is almost out of the front of the car love it !!!

[​IMG]

7. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Spent all day o the car today at my unti with my mate todays jobs done.

New valance cut and painted
    Rims touched up
    Front seats taken out and all carpet etc all removed
    Headlining removed
    All pilliars removed
    All interior lights and wiring removed
    All interior wiring tidied up
    Exhaust sanded back and chromed up
    Behind front light all cleaned
    Removed all heat shit from underthe bonnet
    Renoved headrests love the look !!!!
    Removed half centre console
    Plust more been a knarkering day but well worth it

Some snaps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before polishing !!
    [​IMG]

8. keener

keener Member

Did you fit your hydro? When you next jack your car up could you do me a favor and take a pic of where the hyrdo is T pieced into the brake lines. Fitted one to mine not long ago but doesn't seem to work very good just slows me down abit :/

9. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Matt at slide did it for me mate but the T bar is at the back just next to the fuel lines and tank.

I bet you have air in the system try bleeding the system. Also how are you trying to use it are you going slow of fast / trying to turn. Try toughin the brake then pull it i bet it works a million times etter as you will have air in the system and it shoots fluid to the back of the claipers locking them up

10. keener

keener Member

ah right i see. I bled it a fair few times but it could still have air in there i guess. I have done it a different why to you i have T pieced it into the too brake lines running to the rear brakes.

11. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Mines the same mate just gurther back on the car. Go out ad try pressing brake and then pulling it almost at same time :)

12. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

Are you aware of how dangerous it is to drive without headrest's?

You can break your neck at silly low speeds if unaware.

It's just plain fucking stupid.

13. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

They have since been put back in :) !

- - - Updated - - -

They have since been put back in :) !

14. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

15. keener

keener Member

If i put my foot on the brake then try and pull the hydro you cant pull it.. :/ dont think the pads are the best on the back tbh so will bleed it again and change the pads :)

16. tathan

tathan Member

Those wheels are horrendous, the rest is good. The orange 15s are better, 46 wheels on a 36 make me self harm. Is nice though, I do like a nice e36. The grill & crap in the bumper pops out if you're looking for more cooling btw.

17. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

The 46 rims are just for daily as i dont want the car to stick out too much as a daily ;)

Keener yes that is right but press the pedal a little and as soon as you release the pedal pull the hydro and it will deffo lock the rear wheels its not about the discs and pads it should still lock what ever :)

18. Aaron328

Aaron328 Member

Our last E36 did this, the calipers were seized and pads were fucked. Make sure everythings in full working order and bleed it again and again.

19. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

I have hated the old valance since ive owned the car. So i got a new one but it was only for a single exit so i had to cut the hole put then i re-painted it with plasti-dip its come out really really well :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got a new sticker :)

[​IMG]

Then took my headlight out etc and had a trial run something like how its going to look at mod nats but need more things got some bits on order ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thoughts ??

20. Grovesy

Grovesy Member

Looks good mate get some bucket seats and harnesses in there!