Decent steering boss for S13

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by BanjoMaster, Aug 27, 2004.

1. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Active Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent steering boss to fit a Sparco wheel in an S13? Don't want a shoogly piece of shit but don't want to fork out £80+ for a Nismo one either.

Also, just out of curiousity, has anyone seen Bestex tilting steering wheel adapters for sale anywhere? Quite fancy one of them one day.

Cheers,
    Graham

2. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

I got a cheapo mountney S13 one on my S14 with a sparco wheel and it's absolutely fine :nod: I don't have the self cancelling indicators anymore, but I think that's more of an S13 boss onto S14 thing rather than any specific problems with the boss. I can live with having to cancel my indicators for a £50 saving, but then mine is pretty much just a track car.

3. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Active Member

Yeah, I can live without self cancelling indicators (they rarely seem to cancel themselves anyway in my car :p ), but I just want to make sure it's a quality fit with no play or loosening in it. Cheers dude :thumbs:

4. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

yeah, as far as the 'holding the wheel onto the column' bit, it all works/fits perfectly well :)

5. matt

matt -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

mine was £28 from halfrauds, they even had one on the shelf!