Diesel induction cleaner

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by burgerboy78, Sep 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. burgerboy78

burgerboy78 SCHWING

Right,

I've got a 2.2 turbo diesel Primera for my daily and it's just clicked over 130k. I'm going to do a full service and use the Forte engine and diesel flush whilst I'm there.

I'm wondering if anyone has used any of the sprays that clean the induction system? Being a diesel I know the EGR, inlet and all the intercooler and hoses are going to be full of oil and carbon and shit and wondered if anyone recommended some shit I can use to clean it?

The local motor factors has Wynns EGR cleaner that you spray directly into the intake before the MAF with the engine running but don't want to spend a tenner on what could be brake and clutch cleaner.

There must be some mechanics on here with some super special aerosols that they could recommend me?

Sorry it's a boring thread that doesn't include chrome and smashing rear quarters up :)

2. v-specii

v-specii Member

3. driftaddict

driftaddict Member

I use wurth intake cleaner and it's good shit, also the forte engine flush is bad ass
    If your removing parts to clean them the brake cleaner will be perfect, what I will say being a diesel make sure you don't leave any cleaner sitting in the manifold or intercooler ect or go to mad with the cleaner while its running because the car might run on.
    Basically the engine will run on the cleaner and rev it's nuts off till it goes bang, if that happens you will need to stall it.

4. pecs

pecs Member

How about terraclean?

5. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

That won't go near the boost pipes, EGR setup, inlet manifold, etc etc etc which is what fills full of shit on a diesel.