Disappointed Adrian Flux customer

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by alextull1, Dec 19, 2012.

1. alextull1

alextull1 cool as a fan

The root cause of my problem stems from Adrian Flux's frankly greedy change in policy to renewing policies without the customer requesting so, as per my previous years with them.

Nevertheless, Adrian Flux have made no attempt to retain a customer of four years. Whatsmore it seems that their prices are no longer as competetive as Sky Insurance.

Seems I could save substantially, even mid policy.

Anyways, AF are finally too big for their own good.

Moan Over

2. *missy*

*missy* Member

ive had the same problem last month mate. ive cancelled with them and got a better deal saving 200 pound and getting a better policy else where

3. Matty-Westside

I took out a policy with them a couple of months ago and asked specifically before accepting the price etc how much it would cost me to cancel the policy, even after the 14 day mark, if i sold/broke/got bored of my car and I was told just the admin fee £25 odd. Got a wayyy cheaper quote from sky insurance (should of tried there first, thought they only did imports). I was paying monthly and had paid £188 which covered the first month or whatever, and was 3 weeks into the policy. They asked for an additional £250 on top of this as commission before I could cancel. I know they are a broker but this is why i asked before agreeing to it because I didnt want to be tied to the same policy for a year if something happened with the car (young driver so get mugged off if i change the car mid policy). There was no way in hell I was paying nearly £500 for under 1 months of insurance. I could understand them not wanting to loose money from starting my policy but thats what the extra £50 cancellation fee and £25 admin fee (yup wasnt told about the cancellation fee either) are there for, they were still making money from me.

Safe to say I've learnt my lesson as far as Adrian Flux are concerned, and will try to avoid brokers and paying monthly in future too! Only option for me now if to stick it out for at least half the policy so I get something in return for all the fees you have to pay.

Ive come to expect poor customer service from insurance companies now, but this time they properly bent me over a barrel!

4. Sam...

Sam... Member

Flux done the same with me , I said I wanted to cancel my policy and the said yeah £75 so I said ok , so I ask for a letter to say how much blah blah for reference and lown behold it was £183 to cancel now so I ring and asked what was going on the said leave it with us and we will contact you soon. Guess what , no contact , 2 weeks later I get a debt collectors letter for failure to pay and now gone up to £250ish give or take !

Gave up arguing payed it , never use them again !

5. alextull1

alextull1 cool as a fan

I distinctly remember them having a really good business ethic and not doing things like the above before. Would be good to know about any companies that are good for enthusiasts who swap cars, mod them and frequently take them off the road.

Just really wanted to warn others who could end up in the same situation.

6. eddie_r32

eddie_r32 Member

They are all the same! Any broker will do you, and to be fair why not, they goto the work of finding you a deal, spend time on phone with you do paperwork etc etc, then you cancel... they dont do it for free, they will want the commision from the sale. Its like you getting asked to do something at work, your boss says actually we dont need that anymore so i will not pay you for it. They will also send a letter saying theye will renew the policy, if you choose to ignore it its your fault.

7. Matty-Westside

I understand they need commission on policys they set up, but when they quote you a price for the year, and then a break down of payments you expect it to be bundled together unless they say otherwise. I asked them specifically the fees I would have to pay to cancel and if it would vary at different times during the policy. The mong on the phone just said the standard admin fee of £25 would apply to cancel the policy and if i had paid too much at the point of cancellation i would be due a refund which seemed like a fair deal. I expected some of the commission made up the initial £188 deposit i paid. And that if all the commission had to be paid upon cancellation (was never told how much of the quote was actually commission) they would tell me when I asked!!

8. eddie_r32

eddie_r32 Member

They never do, they are sales guys, they want the sale, they will say what they have to to close it, next time say i shall think about it can you send me the details inclding the cancellation terms you have told me about in a letter.

9. Matty-Westside

Thats not a bad idea to be fair, thanks. Buying cars on a whim and insuring them ASAP doesnt do me any favours either

10. burgerboy78

burgerboy78 SCHWING

tbh i used AF to renew my 14 the other day and it was amazed at how cheap it was with all my mods declared!

11. MR.T

MR.T DRIFT RETARDED

I been with sky for 2 years with the s14 and a boosted altezza and was very happy and now I've got a s2000 that they won't cover cos apparently I need 3 yrs no claims. I called Af and got full comp for under 500 without taking my bonus off my daily

12. nos4speed

nos4speed Member

Ive phoned adrian flux up a few times for quotes over the past few months and each time I got an arogant prick to talk too, so that pretty much settled it for me, I wont be calling them again in a hurry!

13. Cades

Cades Member

Yea granted they can give a good price, but their customer service and cancellation policies are bullshit. Even if they could quote me £100 less than sky, i'd still pick sky cause they're a lot more friendly.

14. Trickysadd

Trickysadd Member

Had exactly the same issue, on two policies . At one point the 10 yr old on the end of the phone told me I couldn't cancel the policy UNLESS I could prove that I had sold the car with a letter from the DVLA. Complete bullshit.
    In the end like many others it seems I paid the £75 for each policy plus the insurers cancellation fee and vowed never to use them again.
    Complete rip off agents and not the great company they were 10 years ago. The other thing they do is keep putting you on hold on their 08 number. My mobile bill was an extra £25 that month just to cancel two policies and I was on hold for an hour.

I know insurance companies have to charge for all the scum who don't insure their cars but it is getting rediculous.

Rich

15. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

id rather be with Sky, but the fact that AF the last couple of years has been 300 cheaper, Inc full comp, break down, Key insurance etc. means that ive had to stay with them,

Still every year i call 10 odd companies just to make sure its competitive, Takes a while but normally end up with a decent price, YOud be suprised, start off with like 10 companies, ring around, get it down to 2 or 3, and just bounce them off each other, Youd be suprised how many times you can get them to go down in £10 increments.

Then when one wins and wont go any lower, go back to the otherone and say, well how much will you do it with break down/key cover or windscreen etc. then they battle it out over £10 with free add ons.

End up paying £600 for full caged comp spec Import Silvia with front end converison, At 25 with 4years ncb! fully comp, roadside recovery, key care, windscreen etc etc.

16. simonlpearce

simonlpearce Member

Seems to be a running theme here as they did the same to me also! What was most frustrating is i was changing car from M3 to 325 so less value and less engine size, but wanted to just change it on the policy. My premium would have gone from circa £500 to over £900 a year so i said stuff that i'd like to cancel. They wanted around £175 in costs! It still worked out cheaper to pay and insure with someone else to stay with them.

They pride themselves on being an enthusiast friendly company, but wont think twice about dry bumming you at the drop of a hat.