Doing the right thing?....

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by hug - lo, Sep 8, 2013.

1. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

So i'm sat in my living room tonight (12.30am) watching a bit of catch up tv and as i live on a main road i kind of know the noises on the road kinda thing.

Hear this black cab taxi engine noise all of a sudden, blub blub blub blub...

Then hear this bloke screaming for help down his radio and also just out loud... Then some females screaming.

Jump up to look out the window and see this bloke unleashing on this girl in the back of this taxi whilst at the same time beating on this taxi driver!

Up i pop, trainers on.. glasses left on the side table and straight out the door. Over to the taxi, grab the taxi driver and put him back in his cab bit and tell him call the fucking police NOW. Grab this bloke, restrain him while asking this girl and what turns out her mate if they are ok. 1 girls out cold, the other bleeding heavily from nose and lip. I grab this random shirt i find in the taxi and offer it to the girl.

Bloke gets up and starts throwing punches at the taxi driver through his window.
    I turn round, he throws one at me so i slapped the fucker and he drops like a sack of shit.
    The blues are coming up the road and arrive with me on top of this bloke with his arm half way up his back.

Police grab me up, cuffs... ok fine, sort the situation out ect...
    I tell police exactly whats what, girls in taxi and taxi driver corroborate what i've said then the police caution me, 'field statement' me and then tell me they'll be round to deal with me tomorrow for ABH!

Awesome.

Better still the girl in the taxi... the one that the bloke had beaten unconscious didn't want to press charges because it was her boyfriend and "he's only like it when he's had a drink"!!!

Is there any point in doing the right thing any more?!?

What is this country coming too!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

*At this point i'd like to point out I was completely sober.

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Fair play to you mate, you did 100% the right thing.

But the girl in the taxi is a fucking spastic mug, as is anyone who stands for that shit. Boils my piss.

99% you won't get charged as you was in the right, and if you DID I'd go straight to the press as they'd have a fucking massive, and I mean massive, field day over that situation, and THEN it'd get dropped.

3. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Well done fella for stepping in, could've easily gone wrong though, knife in the side.

Sadly the coppers these days are pretty useless, example, 2 weeks ago my nephew had stopped in traffic to let a car past, 4 guys run over, kick the shit out of his car, smash his window with a beer bottle and made a right mess, nephew booted it and got out of there fast, cops retrieve the beer bottle for DNA and prints, find a adidas PT print on the newly dented wing, took witness statements and such..........................can't do anything through lack of evidence!!!!!!!!!

The world today sucks :(

4. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

Yeah, I've been stabbed a couple of times before (working on the doors) so to be honest, it's not my first concern although it probably should be!

We've met though Dave (at Chunks for KFC months back) so i'm sure you'd know I don't exactly come across the out and out aggressor!
    When I see shit like what was kicking off though I just can't stand by and do nothing! Just doesn't sit with me like that!!!

5. 59bhp

59bhp Member

Well done for doing the right thing! 100% agree.

6. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

what you did was stand up mate... the police are just following procedures and you will be fine... mainly because you have no motive to commit ABH, given its:

- outside your house
    - passing taxi stopped
    - no link to and other parties
    - witness statement from other parties

youl be fine... why dont you press charges against the male... "affray"... if the taxi driver press's charges then fuk his misses.. send her back for more if shes going to be a dik about it...

most murders/rapes are domestic related in the UK.. FACT!!! its a sad sad world right now!!

7. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Ha! Red e46 at the time? Good lad, and yes, you totally don't come across that way. Hope the police see sense fella.

8. aundre-3000

aundre-3000 Member

Tbh you did the right thing kinda
    but if its her boyfriend and she ain't pressing charges well its her tough shit she got beat up

Tbh I thought the police were shit but I got assaulted by 2 gypsies a few months ago in a club in Tenby the pricks didn't have the balls to front up to me just hit me from behind anyway on my description and CCTV they were arrested that night put on bail and hopefully going to court I expected it to just be dropped but to be fair they have dealt with it really well

9. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

Police just left mine,

They said as the taxi driver wasn't taking the matter any further and neither are the bloke or his punch bag then consider it a warning.

Then he went on to say i'm lucky because they bloke actually suffered a fractured jaw (from hitting the ground) and a floated sternum and 2 broken ribs (where i hit him) all of which could have been put on me come prosecution if it had gone that far. I laughed and told him i thought it was ridiculous and he agreed with me and said "well it'd be looked at as what injuries would the other parties of received if you hadn't intervened"

Amazing!

It's like the whole 'have you had a fall at work? Tripped on un-even paving slabs? broke a tooth on a crouton?' we'll help you lawyer up!

haha what a fucking palarva!!!

10. Marcar

Marcar Well Spoken Man
    Staff Member

Well done fella! You did exactly what i'd have done too, and I'm sure if it was to have got to the court stage, the judge and jury would have seen your side of the story.

11. whit3o

whit3o Member

Fair play to you. Next time cut off his eyelids and break his legs and don't even wait for the police. Will probably make your life and theirs easier. She may be stupid for not pressing charges but she better be thanking god you were there lol

12. BHPSeeker

BHPSeeker Member

Cudos pal, thats exactly what I have done in the past, and had exactly the same 'we will deal with you in the morning' crap from it too! The fact of the matter is with all the flappy 'human rights' regulations and peoples priviledges I'm afraid it leaves the police pretty powerless against things like this. I know a few coppers myself and they all feel like they can't react even with reasonable force as they are all scared of getting disciplined or sued for it!

It all means that the enforcement side of the law is a bit of a joke these days, through no fault of thier own....

13. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Holy crap. Sounds like a nightmare.

Fair play to you. I've come to realize that right/wrong has very little to do with law and justice - so regardless of what they say or conclude, the public knows that you did a good thing.

14. Mini_the_Minx

Mini_the_Minx Member

Massive respect for what you did, I totally agree it was the right thing to do though there are plenty of people who'd have just stood by and watched sadly.

15. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Fuck me, you didn't mess about

16. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Member

Fair play you definitely did the right thing, that woman has a tough life ahead of her if she doesn't get her act together and ditch that fella!