Drift Allstars Europe RD 1 British Drift GP Stratford May 17-18th

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Drift Allstars, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Went on Sunday.

Been drifting and going to drift events for about 10 years now, and that was by FAR the best quality drifting the UK has ever seen, without a shadow of a doubt.

Normally 'top level' drifting in the UK doesn't excite me, usually bores me watching drifting, but I spent all day going "Fuckinghell" and "what the fuck" at the level of driving. Countless times I thought they were gonna go in to the wall on the first corner even they were going in so hard, never mind the speed they were doing the rest, was mental, serious speeds and commitment.
    And shit that didn't seem possible, transitioning with the throttle pinned the whole time etc, mega level driving.

The Europeans are nuts, makes anything else in the UK seem tame as fook in comparison.

Yeah we literally had to stand by the fence from 10.30am to 5.30pm without moving to not lose our place (was at the front and between the first two clips, so couldn't get much better really) and my whole body was killing and I'm burnt to fuck, but it was worth it to see that ridiculous level of driving and cars.

And yeah there was lots of crashes, and the final didn't get to happen, but there was loads of battles, so not really sure what people mean there.

Judging was spot on too, they are harsher than most you usually see, but at that level they SHOULD be, so fair fucking play.

#21 Stavros, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. Mr III

Mr III Active Member

Have to say the level of driving was immense, some of the best ive seen.
    Only complain I have was the long wait in between, we ended up leaving at 3:45pm as just couldn't wait around any longer as we were a little Crispy too by then too (Must remember sun block and cap next time).

Other than that was a good day.

Tony

3. Drift Allstars

Thanks for all the kind words

In our eyes we where far from happy from the production but with a monster build like this it really drained the team.

Few things to note when comparing this to our European events
    -15-20 more proper cars from Europe where missing (Every other event sells out to 50 drivers)
    -This is the smallest event in the UK by a long way every other event gets alot mroe attendance

Day 1 Highlights video

Day 2 Highlights Video

Event Coverage
    Drift Allstars Europe Round 1 -British Drift GP Results - Drift Allstars

4. Drift Allstars

[video=youtube;J86O-NFSa_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J86O-NFSa_Y[/video]

[video=youtube;v1ldYoolOAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ldYoolOAQ[/video]

#24 Drift Allstars, May 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017