Drift Allstars Wembley THE HISTORY 2008-2013!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Drift Allstars, May 7, 2013.

1. smokindrifter

smokindrifter Member

Anybody know whats going on with Wembley ? Last post was all was going to clarified yesterday ?

2. adamfitz

adamfitz Member

some old grunter complained about the noise when they did a pr test earlier in the week. can no longer be held at wembley. gutting as was looking forward to going

3. tbtstt

tbtstt Member

Apparently. Call my cynical, but wouldn't they have known about local noise restrictions a bit sooner than this week? Like they would have known that the O2 was a no go last year a week before the event?...

..everything from Drift AllStars all seems very last minute. They were promising a new venue would be annouced Thursday on here, then yesterday on Facebook and still nothing now. The last post from Drift AllStars on Facebook now implies that the replacement event won't even be in the UK.

4. smokindrifter

smokindrifter Member

You are cynical ! ha ha , but I agree this outfit is useless ! check out there out of date webshite or ask the boys down in Punchestown !
    Not to sure why the other thread was closed either !

5. JDM-SAM

JDM-SAM Member

That's what happens when you let a monkey fly a plane

6. littleT_23

littleT_23 Member

The website now says round one is in Birmingham.

7. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

where. just went on there and says nothing about r1?

8. littleT_23

littleT_23 Member

No your right. I found an old link from last year. Still no info about next week.

9. smokindrifter

smokindrifter Member

No surprise really !

10. tbtstt

tbtstt Member

11. adamfitz

adamfitz Member

I was told tickets will be refunded 7 days after cancellation day by the ticket company

12. tbtstt

tbtstt Member

Replacement Round 1 annouced...

[​IMG]

13. smokindrifter

smokindrifter Member

Would you book flights ?

14. adamfitz

adamfitz Member

now told tickets will be refunded within 10 days of todays date. at least its prompt

15. CJRdrift

CJRdrift Member

Shame really as I was goin to go and watch it at wembley. A handful of people made this not happen.

16. Drift Allstars

all ticket refunds should have gone out tuesday viz ticketcript provider

17. Drift Allstars

Facts
    -So maybe if you read the press release you may understand why it was cancelled! We have known about noise issues since 2011.Every year buildings get closer and closer to the site, new hotels, new council building new apartment blocks. We had no issues and 4 successful events at the venue. At anytime an event can be stopped in the outside area as we the NFL found out with there external event also! We where assured with the right precaution should be no issues as we met every regulation/standard. We could of run the event but why risk it if you can get cancelled half way throught and get a £50,000 fine?

-Out of Date website-Very hard to find a venue to locate such a big international event with rrestricted timescale, hence all Wembley information had to be taken down! We took the thread down on the website linked back to 2011 page!

-Punchestown- The team attended there last weekend as guests !! and we have a good working relationship!.There was a IDC drift event there last weekend Nothing wrong maybe ask the local drivers who dumped 40 tires on the horse racetrack! Get the real story instead of the internet rumours! A small few took a dislike to this.

Running events in inner city venues like this run risks like this been lucky to get 4 events there. Tried our hardest and it really means in the future this style tracks need to stay on the racetracks in the UK. Luckliy our friends at BUDMAT came to the rescue and we are now drifting around the stadium .An even better replacement that wembley could never match

-Live TV deal
    -National polish event
    -25,000 fans per day
    -45 Drivers of world class level

18. user180

user180 Member

Hmmm, when I purchased tickets for Wembley through the Ticket Script website page for 2 adults & 1 child including booking fee cost me £43.38 and the refund was only for £35.00

Why? Can someone please explain this and also when the balance will he returned

Thanks

19. adamfitz

adamfitz Member

dont get the booking fee back ive had the same problem. out of pocket 20 quid as only got ticket price refunded, despite me emailing them saying the event was cancelled and completely out of my hands. if I had asked for a refund myself I would expect not to receive the booking fee.