Drift CRASH / ROLL OVER - Steve Baggsy Biagioni - British Drift Championship Round 1

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by CrabsterDrift, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Ace-Rx7

Ace-Rx7 Member

Yep they plastic, filled with concrete ! Did a lot of damage to a r32 :(

2. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

The most amazing logic of having the start of a wall AFTER the point of initiation !!!

outstanding :rolleyes:

3. steveboiboi

steveboiboi Southern style!

fair enough, should be longer really, and to be honest that looked like it didnt budge to much cause it was hit endways? not cause of how heavy the barrier was? if that makes sense?

4. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

Didn't the same snap back happen to Shane Lynch at silverstone? pulled the handbrake, let go of it too soon, gripped and kicked it the wrong way into the wall. I would say this is a combination of not throwing enough momentum into the drift, not enough handbrake, letting it go while its still on shallow angle and letting go of the wheel at the same time expecting it to go onto angle, gripped and as its steering itself as it grips turns the wheel back the wrong way, which tosses you the wrong way, which seems to end you on your roof.

He Just fucked up, simple as that really, rebuild do it again better next time :thumbs:

5. ★MONKY LONDON★

★CHECK OUT MY DRIFT ADVENTURES ON YOUTUBE :) ★MONK
    Yeah those barriers are pretty tuff lol :D

[​IMG]

6. superclarkey

Well everyone is pro, so you shouldn't be hitting them :thumbs:

7. ★MONKY LONDON★

Evidently not lol :D

Note to self must try harder

8. superclarkey

I think you need to try less :thumbs: haha :D

9. ★MONKY LONDON★

Not my style but yeah probably true :D Only child man

10. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

Hit a normal water barrier endways... It'l budge. Same as hitting it normal ways. I drive into them for fun at my mates place and never damage the BM! Not them filled with concrete lol. It does make sense, But it wouldn't cause as much damage at all.

11. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

As above. Don't fucking drive into them and you'll be fine.

12. Mr.Fail

Mr.Fail Member

its clear that baggsy just made a mistake and it all went a bit wrong , he started trying to wind on lock before he was even sideways

people make mistakes , were only human , the main thing is everyone is ok

13. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

What's in those barrier things? Water? It's having the blunt end of them there that's crazy. Why aren't they angled so you don't just smash into the blunt end of something?

14. CrabsterDrift

Believe me or not.... Concrete dude :\ There's water in a couple of them (Track was wet after they were moved) but from what people were saying, 90% of them are concrete including the ones on the ends

15. 4ever_sideways

Why are those barriers even there? Is there a part of the track/something dangerous that they block that I can't see or is just to keep you from tearing up a bit of grass? Placement of them is a bit silly anyway.

16. Scrabby

Scrabby Member

I think mainly to stay off the grass. Last year, there were 3 tyre stacks and they were a bit more on the grass and that was much better. They also mentioned back then to try to stay off the grass. I wasn't really fund at the barriers this time, didn't want to write off my car. I managed to break my rear (plastic/ABS whatever that is. Not frp) bumper into 3 pieces when I hit the barriers a bit to hard at the clipping point, so those where with concrete I think as it felt really hard. Hope they won't use the barriers on entry again in August.

17. 4ever_sideways

Fuck me, all that carnage just for a bit of grass. Of the few tracks here that care about the grass, they only use small tyre bundles (2-3 high) every 10m or so.

18. CrabsterDrift

Teesside is the same... We only use car tyres/MAXIMUM 1 truck tyre on each outer clipping point to stop people dirt dropping. Why Lydden feel the need to use concrete filled barriers, I'l never understand. Bit of water in them would be fine!

19. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

well if drifters listened in briefings, etc and didnt dirt Drop, hero spec, for facebook pictures and had some respect for the tracks, How hard it is to get decent tracks to even accomadate drifting. These days then the barriers wouldnt even have to be there. or anywhere.

but the drift culture in this country is currently totally fucked.. People who were into ti 5-10 years ago have a totally different attitude to the people who have taken it up in the last 3-4 years, some no fucks given about tracks, eachother, The whole helping each other mentality has gone, and the apprication for the Tracks and rules.

barrier wasnt there - he wouldnt have made the litte adjustment while still on the tarmac, and probably would have still slid off but as a much less angle and might have even made the gravel or been able to do something to turn it into a glancing blow on the grass.

Even that said - If the barriers were filled with nothing - it will still be be enough to discurage 90% of dirt dropping thats whay i dont understand?

20. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Or a 0 score/point deduction rule for going off track instead of the potential to really hurt someone maybe?