Drift CRASH / ROLL OVER - Steve Baggsy Biagioni - British Drift Championship Round 1

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by CrabsterDrift, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Rads_s13

Rads_s13 DWYB & DRIFT TAXI

the differance is thr driver has to pay to fix their car. the driver wouldn't pay to replace the grass at the track

2. taylor

taylor Active Member

tbf mate, it might have been secure as day when the cers the right way up, you cant really test it upside down.

Driftworks has just turned into agro central :(

3. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

I would have thought the track takes slight "self sustaining " damage like that into consideration when they charge 1000's to rent a track

Hopefully this thread has been productive so little things like this aren't over looked

It's not the first time stupid items have been put in place stop damage to grass !! Llandow 2009 they had tractor tyres ON the apex of the first corner and the island at the bus stop. Even bumper over hang would have ripped our car apart. I voiced my opinion suggested they move them back a meter, got called a pussy/cunt and laughed at by everyone but bdc move them! First car out went in to fast stopped about 2 feet on to the grass ! No damage to car no damage to grass

Common sense an know grass grows back on its own helps

4. Rads_s13

Rads_s13 DWYB & DRIFT TAXI

I would have said it would have been because of the divits that dirt dropping creates ( one of the issues Mallory had, and why the bailes where out) not just the grass.

I've watched the video on vimeo again and the panel is flapping about but it only looks like the battry tray red cover came off I couldn't see a whole battery or battery tray floating about.

5. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

At an old round they had a plastic barrier ok the entry point at landow, I went out for my first run and it was off the track by about 2 foot so you couldn't put wheels off just over hang bumper slightly, which was fine, then someone knocked it over so they moved it to on the track, I was entering that fast and on same line every time I didn't notice at 70mph that it was on the track, until I flicked in, I kept my foot in and hit it flat out, bent the rear panel on, moved tank across the car, bent the rota wheel, bent rear subframe, basically did fuck loads of damage as it was put in a retarded place, so not the first time hasn't thought out there track layouts.

I don't mind a wall on track not just single or end of wall on entry which is just a lack of understanding of how you drive, barriers should be there for safety not to keep off the grass for ffs...

Uk drifting is officially a joke now.

6. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

Yep. Too much wand action in BDC. No real aggression.

Bit of a shit accident none the less. Doesn't help with the barriers being where they were really. They could have started a little earlier.

Ah well. I'm sure he'll be in a rebuilt car for the next round.