Drift One Anglesey Circuit February 10th.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Bet it was the guy in the dark bmw. He was horrific lol.

2. victim

victim Bimmer Skidder

Dark BMW? Hope you're not referring to me Mr Holt! Remember your new rules about internet abuse LOL :p

3. Mini_the_Minx

Mini_the_Minx Member

Was that the one with the rear bumper held on my cable ties and no grill/headlights?

4. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

just an fyi guys and this is in no way aimed at anyone in particular but I was at anglesey today and the track is a mess, the grass is devestated in places it really shouldn't be and the actions of some of the people at your day have now impacted on mine to the detriment of decent folks.

it's a shame as the minority are yet again, making it harder for the decent majority but this always seems to be the way

#564 kieran_e1, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  5. MartyHillPhoto

glad someone see's where i am coming from. If we lose anglesey then what hope is their for any other track.

6. tathan

tathan Member

Yeah I saw the same dark BMW go off 3 times in a row and get stuck, <60s of running between each off pmsl.

7. AnthDay

AnthDay Member

gutted i was working and couldnt make it sounds like it was unreal! woody has put up a blog on PT wich u can read here

8. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

An idea to save the track would be not to hold events so early in the season there. In a few months time the weather and the ground may have dried up enough to not cause such damage.

9. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

Was that a dig at drift one, drifting at anglesey in general or the people who attended the drift day lol?

10. kieran_e1

Well its not a dig at johnj and its not a dig at the track.

11. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

It's a dig at some of the inconsiderate pricks that were there at the weekend. I'm afraid IMO, 50 drivers max, advanced drivers only. If you go off wildly 1time warning if you go off the track 2nd wildly 30min sit out.

Sorry but anyone who can't keep it on the track more then they are Off it this aint the place for you. some of these people has had there chance to prove you can be sensible and build up gradually. Unfortunately a few have ruined it for the majority. There are plenty of places that most of us have been going to for years where you can spin off and fuck up as much as you want without putting people or this track at risk, fuck I spent 5 years trawling the country learning. So sure as hell some of the people who where there at the weekend can do it to.

Hope John can negotiate with the track some of the rules above or something otherwise were going to loose it for everyone. Yeah some of the more experienced drivers went off to but at least they should be able to take it on the chin when they get a sin bin. Or told to go to the hairpin to have a think about getting around one corner. Some of the story's I've herd of (never mind witnessed) rules/flags/organisation ignoring. If this was a Msa event you would be In front of the course Clarke getting your shit pushed in.

I know it's harsh on all the beginners, everyone has to learn somewhere and somehow but you can thank the few people that couldn't control there turfing machines .

12. kieran_e1

bob on.

13. Zero-D

Zero-D Member

Just want to say what a great day it was! It was my second drift day and the second time in anglesey, i chose to stay on the hairpin all day because i did not want to get in the way. I dont think keeping anglesey just for "advanced" drivers is the way to go, maybe having a certain period during the day for the noobs to go on the west track(slower one?) and get some experience of transitioning and different corners without impacting on the advanced drivers runs, and then once they are deemed skilled enugh they could get a sticker? To run on track with everyone else? Just an idea

14. Mini_the_Minx

Mini_the_Minx Member

I saw a few of the 'advanced' drivers going off and trashing the grass. Blaming beginners because it gives you someone to pass the blame to is pretty bad form.

15. pikeydrift

pikeydrift Member

Yep my thoughts exactly, we all know the weather was the main factor as it even caught out the better drivers, and once you were on the grass it was like soup anyway there was no way of getting off. I thought the day was great fun and yes I will hold my hand up and say I spent 5 mins in the soup. Very sorry!
    Lets hope we can get some more dates in the spring summer.
    Thanks to all at driftone

16. be11

be11 camber king

I'm not sure you've really read through the past few pages.

17. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

Chiming in here, why not put tyres across the corners where folk are running off? If someone hits them, its their fault. With zero boundaries folk will take the piss, make it something tougher than grass and it soon makes folk think about the consequences of their actions.

Crail is lined with truck and car tyres, meaning if you have an off you can/will do damage. On the areas with no tyres, it goes directly into a potato field, which is as hard as the tyres TBH o.0 Folk still have incidents but TBH they are few and far between. The only serious accidents the big days have had in the past 3 years were 2 inexperienced drivers being too close and t-boning, 1 inexperienced driver continuing to drift after a car spun infront of him and 1 experienced driver going big and flipping an MX-5 (looking at you mint :p)

Accidents and offs happen, its motorsport, but dealing with the lack of respect needs to be done by any means necessary. I think to save the venue any action must be taken, be it from the venue, or the organiser. I don't think any decent driver would have a problem with a 3 strike system, 1 big off = warning, 2nd big off = time out, 3rd big off = GTFO & Ban

Appeals can be made etc, but keeping it strict will make people understand they can't just rock up, act like they can do whatever they like and get away with it.

18. greenbug22

greenbug22 Member

Ill second that, I saw just as many newbs AND advanced drivers leave the track causing mess. Its not just newbs that are to blame. I was behind a defo pro looking car and he/she fuked up a clutch kick after chicane and didnt stop on the grass till bottom of hill, throttle on/off brakes on/off resulting in one dirty car. End of the day it rained and people could of taken extra care.

19. Ali

Ali 4x4via

+1, mistakes happen but there has to be a system to make people more cautious. No repercussions from a big off = no issue with doing it again. A strike system would be a good way of calming people down without the need for more tyres and damage to cars.

20. Mini_the_Minx

Mini_the_Minx Member

Well clearly I'm not the only one thinking the same thing.