Drift One Anglesey Circuit November 18th.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Sep 11, 2012.

1. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL, PLEASE DON'T BOOK

Well.

After a meeting today at Anglesey Circuit I am very pleased to announce the first ever drift practice day there on Sunday November the 18th. Massive thanks to Hayden for making this possible. Having been handed this opportunity I am determined to make the best use of it and make it into a firm fixture in the Driftday calender.

This is a Drift One event and will be run with the same dedication to professional organisation that you will have experienced if you have attended any of the events we have run around the country in the last few years. And before I go any further I need you to understand that we expect the same from you guys. This venue has huge potential and I will not have it spoiled by any kind of idiotic behaviour, let's get that straight from the start. We will have a drift track to play on and a second / 3rd gear hairpin for beginners to practice and more experienced guys to practice entries and so on. There will be no room for idiots.

DETAILS.

£10 to enter the circuit for all adults. (Inc camping)

£60 to drift all day Sunday, £25 to be an additional driver, £10 to be a passenger. Anyone wishing to go on track will need to be signed on, yes, even if it's only for a lap or two.

You need a crash helmet and minimum of MOT standard seatbelt. Passengers must be at least 12 years old and a minimum of 4'10" tall. AND if under 16 have a parent of guardian to sign the disclaimer for them.

You can roll up any time from lunchtime on Saturday, the camping is free, there's loads of flat grass to pitch a tent and a huge paddock for the camper or sleeping in your car / van whatever. The bar will be open until at least 11pm with food (barsnacks) available until about 9pm.

Decent toilets with hot showers on site. Breakfast available from early Sunday morning (time TBC).

If you pre-book to drift (£60) you and one other will get into the circuit free, a saving of £20. Details and a paypal address coming soon.

Drivers sign on from 7:30am Sunday, briefing at 8.30, on track from 9am.To drift this track you will need 2 wristbands, one to tell us you've signed on and a different coloured one to signify that you have attended the briefing. Then there will be sighting laps first to show you the track. 2 laps behind a Drift One car to familiarise yourselves with the track.

If you are late there will be briefings on the hour if necessary.

We will start drifting after the sighting laps, this will be in 3 lap sessions at first, we may move to open pitlane by the afternoon but lets see how it goes.

We will go until the light fails us, 4 or maybe 4:30pm.

THE CIRCUIT.

We will be using two parts of the circuit, the western loop which the track call 'Circuit 5' and the hairpin at the top of the Tom Pryce straight for beginners to test the grip and cool dudes to practice entries.

Have a look.

[​IMG]

So the left hand side loop is what we'll be using with the queue more or less at the bottom of the pic where the green arrows are.

The hairpin at the top is for novices and entry practice (one car at a time).

Forget the right hand track for now, having looked at it today it needs 500bhp plus to use it properly but I will be speaking to people to see if there's interest for a mega bhp day on there in the future.

The potential at this place is huge, I just need this first one to go well to show the people there that I can do what I have promised, ie. run a good trouble free day.

YOUR CAR.

Well you'll need a rear wheel drive car of course. I have no problem if it is a 1.6 MX5 or a 1JZ 500bhp Chaser.

But no leaks, no loose bodywork and nothing solid sticking out in front or behind. (Stupid tow eyes). I do need you to have something in place for recovery though, especially on the front. A strap or something.

#1 JohnJ, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. mattxr2

mattxr2 Member

cant wait :)

3. MJG

MJG Active Member

I think it's fucking awesome!!!!!!

4. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

Can't wait ;). The potential is so huge :thumbs:

5. playworker

playworker Member

Do like, for that kind of price and to show support I'd be up for making the journey.

6. kyky

kyky Member

This is awesome John well done on securing this man, any help needed at the track let me know as i'll happy lend a hand

7. Jacko_

Jacko_ Member

WOW

I need another drift car!

8. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

that is a bad ass looking track. well done guys!

9. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

Who how do I pay ?!?!?!?!

You vetting the applicants just to giebt a bit more of a helping hand to make sure this goes smoothly ?

10. Broadley

Broadley Member

Thinking miss the next two Buxtons to save for this, sort a working handbrake and try something extra special.
    Thanks for sorting this you are a hero.

11. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

I don't think I need to Mike TBH, names I don't know will be sent a 'What is expected of you' email.

12. Adam s

Adam s Member

count me in john 100% wouldnt miss this.

do you need paying up front or just pay on the day like buxton?

13. MJG

MJG Active Member

Well thanks to Hayden for opening the door, thanks to John for having the means to run it, and in advance - thanks to the drivers who hopefully know us and will want to enjoy this event and respect it in it's early days.

I have no doubt in my mind that this will be the best drift track in the UK, as long as we work with the track owners to keep everybody's interests protected.

Paypal will be setup in the next couple of days but when it's up and running we'd really appreciate people pre booking if possible, so we can plan the queuing system around expected numbers, and know what we're going to expect from the first day.

As John said in post #1, this should be another typical Drift One day so expect maximum seat time, maximum fun, a friendly atmosphere and no dickheads!

#13 MJG, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  14. GethinD

GethinD [][][][][][][][][][]

Amazing work, fair play to all involved who have made this possible and to do it at such a cheap price is unbelievable.
    I for one will definitely be there as I learnt in the past (with Mallory) that worrying that the car isn't "ready" can make you miss massive opportunities like this.

#14 GethinD, Sep 11, 2012
  15. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Pay up front Adam and save £20 is best for you. Paypal address to follow.

16. rutter

rutter Member

awesome cannot wait now glad all went well today november cannot come quick enough
    please people read all of the rules john has put into place
    we don't want this spoiling remember this is for you and your friends if you cause a problem it'll be your friends and fellow drifters that will dislike you for a long time if not forever
    this is a step up for grassroots drifting and we don't want knocking back down

#16 rutter, Sep 11, 2012
  17. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

As long as your car is booked on to drift on the day all other matters can be dealt with on Sunday morning, extra drivers, passengers etc.

#17 JohnJ, Sep 11, 2012
  18. chr15_84t3

chr15_84t3 Member

i'll be pre-booking this asap. if my car isn't fixed i'll buy another one so i don't miss this.

19. scouse

scouse Active Member

I will come along to spectate unless i have a miracle,well done to all you guy's getting a big track.

20. gitgroup

gitgroup Member

100% im in.