Drift One Anglesey Circuit Sunday November 18th. Details.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Nov 10, 2012.

1. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Well as the interest has been so big for this event I'm starting a new thread for people who have booked in. If you haven't got a ticket then go to the other thread to ask questions. This thread is for people who are confirmed as coming and have the necessary ticket.

So to people still reading.

You can arrive at any time on Saturday. You will not be charged on the gate nor will you need to show your tickets. As you arrive in the paddock a member of my staff will come to you to verify your ticket and charge any adults with you £10 each for entry.

On Sunday the gate will be open from 7, you'll need your tickets and a tenner each for any adult accompanying you. Please don't hide people in the boot, I've been doing this shit for years now, someone will tell me and I'll ban you forever.

There is a 'Race experience' day at the track on on the Saturday, I ask that you are respectful to the participants and let them do their thing without causing any grief. This circuit is a new venue for Drift One and any behaviour seen to jeopardize the future of this will result in you being asked to leave. This includes anyone with you so make sure they are on their best behaviour. I will happily evict a whole party of people because of one troublemaker. I have done it before from other events and I'm sure I will have to do it again.

The circuit bar will be open from lunchtime until late. They serve decent food and of course beer. The circuit do random breath tests, so if you are driving on Sunday think about it.

There will be a drivers briefing at 8.30 Sunday morning. You need to be there for that as the next one for latecomers will be at 10 am. The briefing will detail entry and exit points for each section of the track and a host of other safety stuff. This event as well as bringing full circuit drifting back to the UK after the unfortunate loss of Mallory Park is a chance to show the race world that drifters know how to behave on a proper race track. This isn't a little stockcar oval like Buxton, nor a big carpark like Pod, it's a racetrack. I want to open up more of these types of venue next year and the key to it is our conduct next weekend.

We have 2 circuits to go at and a practice hairpin, the practice hairpin can be used for novices to sharpen their skills before they try the other tracks or for drift gods to hone their 100 mph entries. If you are spinning a lot and holding the main tracks up to will be sent to this corner to practice until the marshal there deems you fit enough to have another go.

The West circuit (left hand side of the map) will be run anticlockwise. The East circuit (right hand side of the map) will run clockwise. The arrows on the map below are wrong for the West circuit but it gives you an idea.

So when you rock up drive straight into the paddock and set yourselves up, ask if you need anything but be in the drivers briefing at 8.30! The tannoy will tell you where that is.

[​IMG]

As I'm not clever enough to use photoshop plase disregard the info box in the top left corner.

2 circuits, an entry practice corner and now over 70 confirmed drivers. This is probably the biggest drift event the country has seen. And if you'll all work with me and look after the place who knows what we can do next year.

Can't wait.

John.

#1 JohnJ, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  2. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

Sorry if this has already been addressed - what are the running times? Presumably 9am - 4pm?

3. f0xy

f0xy Member

Id assume around then, they closed just after that the other week as it was getting too dark (wet day too).

Is there any further info with regards to media being allowed (or not)? Already attending either way mind.

4. royal

royal S1- F.T break!

Whats the reason for running the west track anticlockwise John, does it work better that way? I was looking forward to playing on that downhill corkscrew bit. (not that it makes any difference if my back is still fubar'd!)

5. RedlineRob

RedlineRob Member

I'm told the reason for the track direction change is an armco barrier quite close to the exit of the downhill section, Looking at the map i can see why it would make sense to change the layout. John will probably confirm exact reasons however.

6. GethinD

GethinD [][][][][][][][][][]

Do those of us that have pre-booked still get 1 free passenger?

Just wanting to confirm this as above you say that we will need our tickets and £10 for each passenger that we bring along.

7. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

Purely for safety reasons as Rob said. There is just way too little room for error. The west track is just as awesome anti-clockwise :thumbs:.

8. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

The downhill bit is brilliant Dave but as you do the second link into the last righthander there's only a couple of feet of runoff before the barrier. Carnage waiting to happen.

We'll see how it goes, might do it clockwise for the last hour for the good drivers only.

9. Drift Dango

Drift Dango Active Member

Yes we had a play Friday when it was very wet if you go in fairly committed it pushes you out towards the Armco if you we're to lift you would be head first into it or if you let it swing out onto the grass the room for error is very slim
    We are hoping to run a hr or so at the end of the day downhill for those more experienced
    But it's awesome both ways

#9 Drift Dango, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  10. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Ha, sorry Andy, yeah, sighting laps at 9, on track at about halfpast, lunch at 12.30 - v1.15 then chequered flag at 4.

11. Drift Dango

Drift Dango Active Member

Opps snap Mr J
    Like he said

12. DaRReN-R32

DaRReN-R32 Member

any vid photoage from the otherday?

13. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Yes loads.

But I left the GoPro on and I don't know how to chop a bit out of it to show you. Hopefully my friends son can do it tomorrow.

Professional or what!

14. bell

bell Without patience

id also like to know this but im sure it will be the same as originally advertised?

15. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Sorry for any confusion, the driver ticket will get you and one other into the venue. You can bring one (adult) guest with you. Kids are free. Anyone other than the paid up driver wanting to go on track will be charged £10 to be a passenger or £25 to be an extra driver.

16. royal

royal S1- F.T break!

Cool, that all makes sense. I did notice some armco in the EDC vids if thats the same part? either way it looks like an amazing track.

17. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

What are the pits like ? Smoothing car park style or under covered

18. emil_b_g

emil_b_g Member

Yes last hour of the day turning the circuit clockwise should be exciting.

One question how late can we get on Saturday to the circuit? As i would prefer to get my car and trailer unloaded at the circuit than go to the hotel but i will be arriving something like 21:00 at the circuit so can we get access at that hour???

19. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

whats the dress code? helmets and long sleves?

20. matfurio

matfurio Member

Same question as emil really. I may be getting there at about 10:30-11pm, so will the gates be open?

Also are the open fronted garages still there? If so, is it possible to pitch a little tent in the back of one of them out of the elements?