Drift One Buxton Weekender June 25th & 26th. By Special Arrangement!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, May 18, 2011.

1. MJG

MJG Active Member

Best weekend EVER!

ODC first place was Rich Grindrod, second place was Matt Guttmann and third place was Rich Baker. I'll have the results up later, I spent last night burning on the sofa with cream all over my red head haha.

Good dedication Mike - 10mins of Video is going to be awesome! Nice to see more photographers at the event trying to capture more of the action for the masses to see. I am so happy to be a part of Buxton :D Looking forward to drifting a bit at the next one too, I look forward to a few cheeky laps :D

Everybody who loved Buxton this weekend (and always) - big thumbs up to you :thumbs: you all make it what it is - AMAZING!

Hopefully next time more of our drivers will stay in one piece for big smokey trains in the afternoons! The walls are hard.......

2. lukes14a

lukes14a Member

Excellent weekend!! I'm now sunburnt repairing my rear quarter in the sun!!

Had a great time, learnt so much over the 2 days, unbelievable amount of seat time, great atmosphere, good to actually meet every1 for the first time

Thanks to all the drift one people who found me more tyres and saved my Sunday!

Bring on the next one! (my vote is for 2 a month!)

3. MJG

MJG Active Member

Luke - you did great this weekend, well done! And it was me and Danny Rutter who got you some more tyres, well, Danny mainly, as he was Tarzan'ing it through the dingey pile of old tyres in the damp and dark and got a couple of pairs haha.

4. Colonel K

Colonel K Active Member

Epic weekend! Absolutely mentile! Ive always been put off coming to Buxton because of the distance but it wont put me off again! :D

The twinning was excellent, there was carnage, crazy baby sized kebabs, banger-spec car repairs (Im looking at you Pikey!) some great skidding, maaaad trains, wall rubbing, wall hugging and wall punching in the face.

Thanks to rtlykuubi for letting me drive the Sierra of doom, didnt really gel with it very well but I was just happy to be skidding! :)

5. supraslide

supraslide Member

I too was burned to shit by the time i got home.
    I have a bruise the size of my hand on my hip and one on my knee. And blisters all over the palms of my hands: but not for the usual reason.

Twas an epic weekend. Speaking as a noob it couldn't have worked out better with a wet track on the saturday then dry on the sunday. Was aprehensive about the dry track as I haven't done any stuff in the dry before but the track is a very good place to learn. Starting to get the hang of clutchkicking now but still need plenty of practice. I may have to keep the supra on the road for the next one.

6. lukes14a

lukes14a Member

In that case thanks to Rutter and mjg for going of of your way so I could have a good day!!

I do feel like I improved this weekend, I don't know why!! Still kept spinning on the bottom bend though on Sunday, couldn't get it quite right all day, but had so much fun!!

Thanks for nice comments btw mike!!

#306 lukes14a, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  7. titchster

titchster Member

Mike, where was the skateboard this month?!!?!

And FWIW, i've come to the conclusion, that when you get used to having to be a lot more abusive with the clutch, MX5s seem to be quite good on good tyres. Although, now, I've gotta replace one of my bloody good Uniroyals that I fitted AFTER last months event!

8. Budget Drifter

Budget Drifter Drift Terrorists

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drifting-video-pictures/150303-buxton-wall.html#post1840303

No skateboard, no BMX, no pitbike. All good ideas but too dangerous and last minute.

Was good to see the MX5 guys getting better. They really do have to work their arses off to get those going.

Only going to apologise once in each thread. The video isn't amazing, but it has some good clips in. I unfortunately have little time to spend on it at the moment. It's taken this morning to get all clips into the program, then just moved them all together (no editing/structure). So sorry for that.

9. MJG

MJG Active Member

10. MartyHillPhoto

YouTube - ‪Drift One June 8 Car Train.wmv‬‏

here's my train footage, not sure if its good enough to use, forgot to turn my iphone round when filming :(

Still buzzing from the weekend, after 10 years of photoing bike racing its the only thing that on par for a buzz.

Roll on the next meet

11. MartyHillPhoto

Just posted a few photos in the media section take a look

12. mike_s14

mike_s14 Member

awesome weekend of skids, such a great atmosphere there

shame about afew damaged cars, but it shows that people are trying new things and at buxton its not very forgiving

roll on the next one :)

13. Jacko_

Jacko_ Member

Does anyone else keep waking up in the morning wishing they were getting ready for another weekend at Buxton? I wish work didn't have to get in the way of having fun...

Drifting in the dry is so much better than in the wet, i was bricking it to begin with, didn't go out till a bit later on but really enjoyed it. I think i was getting a bit better as the day went on, was trying to get closer to the walls and drift the outside of the track a bit more.

Really enjoyed myself, massive thanks again to everyone who makes it happen.

14. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

This.

15. bigsam44

bigsam44 Member

16. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

lol :thumbs:

What an AMAZING weekend!! I smashed my car to bits, missed out on most of Sunday and the ODC comp, but it was all still awesome. Couldnt shade myself from the searing sun on the drive home, so I too am burnt.

I've got a new lower arm, new headlights and indicators, but still looking for a rear light cluster. Going to body-jack the rear corner out this evening. Still hopeful I'll make it to Donington on Friday :)

MASSIVE thanks to Colonel for helping me beat the car back into shape, and generally keeping me in good spirits when I wanted to cry a bit. Thanks to everyone who organises stuff.

Sort out the PA for the next twinning comp if you can? :)

17. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

2 x headlights
    2 x front indicator lights
    1 x rear light
    1 x lower arm
    2 x tie rods
    2 x track rods

= £260 :cry:

18. Colonel K

Colonel K Active Member

19. supraslide

supraslide Member

Plus 1 from me

20. MJG

MJG Active Member

The PA was working Saturday morning but it died. We really tried to get it working but we failed I'm afraid.