Drifting at young age

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JoeBussey, Jan 27, 2020.

1. JoeBussey

JoeBussey New Member

Hey guys, I'm currently 14 and want to start drifting as I've been into it practically my whole life, me and my mate want to go halves on an mx-5 next Christmas, we would be fitting coil overs, welding the diff, bucket seats,harnesses etc. The only problem is would we be able to use tracks to practice or would we have to get some sort of reference to use them. If needs be where would i go to get a reference so i could use tracks. If not then how old would we have to be to use some sort of track.

2. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Best to speak to your local track and ask what they do.
    Driftland will let you prove you can drive then let you at it pretty much

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Ylbert

Ylbert New Member

Might not be the answer you're seeking, but for the price of a miata+mods you could probably both build up a somewhat decent driving simulator that will work just fine to practice in and to have some fun in it.

Especially since you're younger and even getting your drift car to the track will probably seem like a challenge already.
    A proper drift day also costs around 100€ in most cases and I'm not sure how much money you're making at the moment :p

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. JoeBussey

JoeBussey New Member

Thanks for the reply, we've decided that we're gonna wait till we're a bit older and have jobs so we can pay as we would rarely be able to go at that price. I currently have a sim setup and thats why i was so interested.

5. BumpTrunk

BumpTrunk New Member

lol
    I'm 32 and still can't drift

• Funny Funny x 1