Drifting with hand controls

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Fergal, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Fergal

Fergal New Member

Hi I was looking some advice I’m thinking of trying drifting as a hobby but I’m disabled so need hand controls to drive

I was wondering what would be a good vehicle to buy to turn into a drift car was thinking a bmw of some kind

Is there anyone on this forum that has a disability that drifts or know of any cars for sale that would be suitable or even that has hand controls fitted already

2. Tripp

Tripp Member

A good place to start for ideas about drifting with hand controls is Rob Parsons, AKA Chairslayer. He is from the US and has done a bunch of stuff with Hoonigan and has some great setups for hand controlled cars. A lot of it will need to be custom made so could be expensive, but it is doable.

http://www.chairslayer.org/

• Like Like x 1
  3. oscar

oscar Member

4. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

Get on to Teamlegless on facebook. A number of drifters using hand controls on there.

Quite a few use soarers as the auto boxes are bulletproof and great engines. Also a very forgiving chassis for learning :)

5. chunk

chunk Raging Alcoholic

Hey.

I’m part of Teamlegless.

There’s a few of us in the UK thatbuse hand controlled cars.

John and Paddy use Toyota Soarer’s, I have a RX7. We have Pat who uses a GT86 in Japanese sprint series.

Best to go onto the TeamLegless page on Facebook.

Other than that add me on Facebook ‘Rich Newton’ and I’ll point you in the right direction.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  6. al.

al. actually dom joly

7. Fergal

Fergal New Member

Ok thanks for the replies must look at a few of the suggestions

Also I’m not looking for a real fancy setup as im only looking a car for some messing about every now and again just looking for a decent auto that will be fit to drift