Driftworks Control System Coilovers

Thread in 'Driftworks Products & Enquiries' started by PhilMorrison, Aug 24, 2007.

1. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

The long awaited Driftworks Coilovers are here!

We have done alot of research and testing to get coilovers of this quality under the Driftworks name, have a read of the information. You will not be disapointed with them :thumbs:

[​IMG]
    Driftworks Control System Coilovers
    £785.00 inc VAT

Full Info :)

Driftworks are proud to annouce the release of the new Driftworks Control System coilovers!!
    As used on our R32 Skyline in 2007 and fitted to our car for 2008, the 2JZ powered S15 Silvia.

At a glance:
    Oversized Inverted* Monotube coilovers, ideal for fast road, track and drift.
    Featuring very high quality damping and a wide range of height, camber* and damping adjustment.

[​IMG]

Features

Damping adjustment

16 Stage damping adjustment allows quick, easy and accurate control of the damping so you can tune it to suit your style and setup.
    [​IMG]

Top mounts
    Anodised Aluminium top mounts with integrated heavy duty noise-free pillowball bearings all round.
    Wide range of camber adjustment available on the strut models.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Monotube Dampers
    Oversized, Monotube dampers with 44mm short-stroke pistons.
    Inverted on strut models for extra strength.
    Springs
    Cold-wound chrome silicon steel coil springs with a heavy duty powdercoat finish.
    [​IMG]

Rubber Booted
    Heavy duty protective rubber shock boots to keep the damper cylinder dirt free and happy.
    [​IMG]

DuraCoat threaded section
    Special corrosion resistant coating on the threaded shock body.
    Fully threaded for maximum adjustability.
    Perches and Lock nuts
    Strong and lightweight anodized aluminum spring perches and lock nuts.
    [​IMG]

Height Adjustment
    A comprehensive range of height adjustment available without affecting the spring pre-load or damper stroke length.
    Strong steel lower brackets
    Strong steel lower brackets with anti corrosion coating and integrated brake pipe fittings specifically for your car.
    [​IMG]

We’ve tested loads of different coilovers over the past few years and found there to be a big gap in the market between the very expensive competition solutions and poor-performing budget products which may go low and stiff, but give a badly damped, bouncy ride. We’ve spent a long time researching different company’s products and testing them out for ourselves on the road and on track.

What the new Driftworks Control System coilovers represent are the best quality, most durable and robust equipment we have come across, offered at an affordable price. We’ve worked closely with HD System over the past year (they've been making Monotube dampers for over 20 years now), to come up with a product that offers the best possible performance, with the build quality and durability that driving conditions across Europe demand.

Phil Morrison wrote: "I have driven a massive aray of different brands of coilovers over the years. The Driftworks Control System Coilovers are the product of many hours of testing and development. I rank them up there with coilovers costing many many times more. They are the coilover of choice for our new 2008 2JZ GTE Powered S15 Silvia, which has had absolutely no expense spared."

The key word here is compliance, the ability to have a firm, responsive ride, that also soaks up the bumps to give a smooth and predictable driving experience, whether your requirements are for fast road, or full track use.

FAQ:
    Why are only some models camber adjustable?
    With strut type suspension like on the front of an S13, S14, S15 Silvia or AE86 Corolla, the damper is an integral part of the suspension structure. This means that changes in the damper position can change the camber and castor angles of the front suspension. Where this is applicable, our front coilovers include camber adjustment. In all applications where camber can only be controlled by adjustable suspension arms, non adjustable pillowball top mounts are used.

What are the spring rates?
    Spring rates for S13, S14, S15 and R32 GTS Skyline are 8kgf/mm front and 6kgf/mm rear. You will find that they give a more performance orientated ride, without the terribly bouncy damping associated with cheap low quality coilover kit's using equivelent spring rates. We have tested them for track and road use, and find these spring rates to be ideal.

Are these available for any other cars?
    At the moment, we have popular Drift fitments available in large quantities of UK stock. We are manufacturing regularly and can provide these coilovers for a wide variety of cars. Just get in touch with us if you would like to organise a group buy for your application.

How low will I be able to get my car with these coilovers?
    There’s a wide range of height adjustment that will allow you to set your ride height anywhere between a subtle, sporty lowered stance to completely slammed on the floor.

I don’t know…. what if I’m not happy with them?
    We’re so sure you’ll be impressed, that we’re offering a no quibble, 30 day money back guarantee with our coilovers. Contact us for more details on this.

What are Monotube dampers?
    Most uprated or aftermarket dampers are twin-tube design with low pressure gas to try and keep the oil from foaming as the damper moves. The Monotube damper design uses much higher gas pressure to better stabilise the oil, even under extreme and prolonged use. Because of the larger capacity damper (approx 30% increase over stock) heat dissipation is also greatly improved.

Why are some applications inverted?
    With strut type suspension like on the front of an S13, S14, S15 Silvia or AE86 Corolla, the damper is an integral part of the suspension structure and as such, sees very high lateral loads in multiple directions. With the conventional upright design, piston rods can bend and even snap under extreme loads. The inverted or upside-down Monotube design as used on our strut models has massively more lateral strength when compared to an upright setup, so is a lot more robust and geared up to cope with whatever you can throw at it. With most rear suspension and with double-wishbone type front suspension, (as on the Skyline) very little lateral forces are seen, so the conventional setup works fine there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Inverted design and camber adjustment are applicable to strut type applications like the 200SX and AE86

#1 PhilMorrison, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  2. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

these units are the bollox, no if or buts, buy them people... infact buy two sets as they are so amazing :D

When i become a rich little person, i will have a set... until that day happens i dream about them all the time :D

:thumbs:

Good work on putting the kit together as i know it wasn't easy to do like :thumbs:

3. SteveDunn

SteveDunn Straya

Good price too :thumbs:

If my HE's ever die, I'll be after a set of these :nod:

4. Lex

Lex www.dwyb.co.uk

Most impressed with that sir - saving up for a set for the Mrs' skid car :D

5. jap-si

jap-si Active Member

inverted schwinnnng :smokin:

6. howler

howler Active Member

Damn buying my gash k sports a couple months ago!

7. BillyFIVE

BillyFIVE hooolyschmokes

Very sexy! Nice one :dw:

8. KGC210

KGC210 AE86 Test Pilot

Will you be doing them for the AE86 anytime soon? Since you mention the Corolla a few times in the description.

Would be interested just before or after Xmas time.

9. Sweeps

Sweeps Active Member

What he said ?

10. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

Nice.:thumbs: Need a set testing on an S13?:D

11. MC2

MC2 Active Member

Look goood :D Black your new range? No orange now :wack:

12. MR-steveo

MR-steveo TNS MAN CHILD

Ive been lucky enought to buy a set of these,

And ive been well and trully blow away by how they feel, stiff but yet soft. ive never driven a setup that is so good over bumps and the way they make the car change direction.

I was drifting at santa pod and there is a big dip in the middle well i thought it was small until i drove kennys car and relised how big it was, nearly chucked me out the window lol

As for the build and qulity they are fantastic really nice finish and the fit was great,

to be honest i was worried about changing from my tien but soon as i drove the car i was instantly happy and the car feels amazing

great job on getting qulity products for a good price :dw: coilover ftw

13. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

we will indeed :)
    I hope we can have some over before xmas

14. KGC210

KGC210 AE86 Test Pilot

Just let me know when you do, I can see my nice payrise being spent rather quickly :p

Will the rears be coilovers as well on the AE86?

15. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll see if I can get a picture of the AE86 ones sorted

16. Dyldo Baggins

Dyldo Baggins Member

Any plans for a set for an Aristo???

17. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

We can get Aristo ones yup, for JZS147 or JZS161, but we'd need a minimum order of 5 of one type (I.E. 5 of the 147s, or 5 of the 161s).

18. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Got mine today. Cheers for the Wham Bars, kids loved 'em :D

Off to the projects section now to post the pics....

19. PeterT

PeterT fuck diffin.

god damn it, too tempted,, how long will it take to get em to Ireland, im hungry for coilovers, had enuf of the wheels flaring the arches!

20. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Just been running mine in and they are excellent for road use, just so much more planted and confidence inspiring than the Cuscos and D2's I had on the car before. Once the suspension is lowered, aligned and the damping is adjusted, I've no doubt I'll be delighted with them, and can't wait to get them tried on the track :thumbs: