Driftworks forum is dying? Is nobody drifting anymore?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Daddy_D, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Daddy_D

Daddy_D D1 street king

All these new topics and no replies, what is going on? I remember years ago there was similar discussion but I can't find it. Questioning the same thing, where are the regular members gone and all their technical wisdom of information though experience. In fact I looked up TrampDrift the other day and that domain is gone, auto listed in Chrome with virus warnings. So yeah what's going on am I missing on something or do people just buy OEM/tuning bolt on parts and don't feel the need to ask question?! Yeah I know sometimes it's the same thing over and over again that you could just look up from old threads but daaaamn

p.s I feel very stupid, there is literally the same topic bottom of the page. In a way I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt the same way.

#1 Daddy_D, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. Maverick Smith

I know what you mean, not many replies at all. I'm only a recent member to the forum and have had a reply on one of my threads but that was because somebody was trying to sell me something.

3. Planet

Planet New Member

Im sad if the forum dies.. I joined yesterday.. but I don't think less peple are drifting, I hope not..

4. Maverick Smith

I guess we're in that era of the internet always having an answer, hence the lack of forum chat...?

5. Planet

Planet New Member

Still, its nice to have the input of real people on your question that applies specifically to you

6. Maverick Smith

Oh yes I agree totally!

7. McFall1984

McFall1984 Member

8. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

All i would say is, dont come back after 2 years without posting, putting up 2 threads asking for help then another complaining that its quiet. Its quite because people disappear for 2 years ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

You know why people don't comment?

Because the same question gets asked and after X number of years repeating yourself for the benefit of others it get's frustrating

Post something discussion worthy and people will come out of hiding

• Like Like x 2
  10. Saddened

Saddened Member

I am rather new to drifting and driftworks too, so I try responding to threads I can relate to (being new, being on a budget, not liking bmw etc.) and I can be certain I am not misleading anyone.

Usually I respond to threads that newcomers open, asking about "which drift car to buy on a budget".
    If you are on a budget, you are most likely not going to build a tube chassis Lada with an american V8 and a truck turbo. Because as much as that sounds "dirty" and "cheap"... it isn't.
    You will end up looking at an underpowered E36 or MX-5. And after all these years, you could come to that conclusion all by yourself, because another RWD car will not magically appear for you and because the question has been asked SO MANY TIMES! Once a weak at least! I understand why people don't answer to certain threads anymore.

11. mint

mint touch my fruit

You can thank 'social media' ironic really, as it makes people less social.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bladerider

Bladerider Ajudged scoundrel !!

I dont drift

I only ever came here to perv Mints missus !!

:D :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Discussion worthy topic lol