E30 338i tramp and track skidder. New streeto video page 7

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by ragge, Jan 31, 2010.

1. MeSs

MeSs Member

SKAMrå kjøring på den filmen!!! :D Hahaha!! Fytti helvete.

Awesome <- Summed up in english.

2. madbaz

madbaz New Member

3. DaveM-sport

DaveM-sport Member

Class! I actually didn't think it was going to amount to much from the first page but after the videos and new work going on its pretty fcuking awesome!

Have a 3.6 that needs abit of work myself and a few spare E30s in need of an engine :D

4. Odin89

Odin89 Member

Well Ragge! keep it going!! awsome car and awsome driver!

5. deeman

deeman Member

awesome project!

6. deeman

deeman Member

thats pure dedication working in those conditions!

7. ragge

ragge Member

Thanks, yeah, I have to be a bit dedicated sometimes to get things done...

Not much happening to the car other than its being USED...
    Was out and did some streeto last week, really HAMMERING the engine at the rev limiter, its a lot of fun :dw:

Still sounds like a strong engine, didnt make any movie last week unfortunately....
    New steering lock gave me some issues...:;
    MUCH smoke inside the cabin, because of going sideways with so much lock, it makes immense clouds of smoke, and at the same the speed falls, so we were sideways in the car without no sight at all....

Car was so full of smoke, so I've now installed a fan in the roof...
    Instead of a roof air intake LOL Should have had the DW carbon intake, but think the fan will do the job for now...

At this time, I've collected 26 wheels, with a lot of shitty tires, and are preparing for Gatebil @ Vålerbanen in the end of may.
    Hope it will be epic shit driving at Vålerbanen (new track for me), with much lock and together with S. Marthinsen with his Supra MK4 single turbo and the other norwegian drifters...
    Will be VERY exciting, and I'm looking forward to it!! It's a lot of crazy driving and many powerful 2JZ cars, so will be exciting to see how the shitter will hang up on them.

Hope making some good twin drifting, thats the ultimate fun, but the supra has new tires, much more power and grip, so think I'm gonna have a hard time in hanging on him, as my E30 are almost like driving on snow with old shit tires...

#87 ragge, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  8. Odin89

Odin89 Member

hey boss!! Im going to drive there too! u can hang on me no prob!! il get a friend to mount a cam in urs and a cam in mine ;) then we`ll do some twin??

9. ragge

ragge Member

well, Gatebil kind'a sucked, with new stricter rules for how you should drive and behave at the track... Skidding and drifting was'nt as accepted as last year, I also got banned from driving in the last day of the meet....

We only managed to burn up 12 of 24 wheels, so this was the first time I had with me too many tires...

Also, I had to do an emergency shit solution to get the dB down (exhaust), so I bought an additional muffler and a 90 degree bend, and so I got an extra muffler...

Looked like shit, like an old beetle, but did the job... Will change it with another exhaust before next trackday.

Well, some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hit the tire barrier at the track,,, got a new bump in the rear fender

[​IMG]

My co driver changing wheels...

[​IMG]
    A picture of the new lock... Its pretty massive, cool to skid with this lock

[​IMG]
    These pic are out of a movie...
    [​IMG]
    More later, Im sick and tired, having cold

#89 ragge, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  10. Thorbjørn R

Thorbjørn R New Member

updates hehe

11. CrazyBob

CrazyBob New Member

nice that some cool shit richt there :thumbs:

12. ragge

ragge Member

Ok, finally some updates:

[​IMG]

Bought Thorbjørn R's old suspension, D2 coilovers, which made the car much better when it comes to handling and ride height.
    Its now pretty hard and more like a drift car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fixed my hydraulic handbrake, from driftworks... the handle just got fucked up during gatebil @ Vaaler, the aluminium was soooo soft, like made of cheese or something ? Cannot reccomend anyone buying this poorly designed thing....
    So I fixed it with another chunk of aluminium, also did some custom hole drilling to it :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we did some of this:
    [​IMG]
    Then came gatebil @ rudskogen in July, an 101% awesome meet you probably already have read about on speedhunters etc

[​IMG]

The E30 did pretty well at the newly built rudskogen Track, but as every other drivers interested in drifting, we struggled with the INSANE amount of grip the new tarmac provided, it was just so much grip at the new track...

The s38 felt really down on power, even though I drive at shitty old tires from the scrap yard :p

So this was an all new problem, because at street and every other track, the s38 have always felt great doing drifting

[​IMG]
    It could look like I need a better anti roll bar even with the new suspension :p
    This picture is typical, The car would drift, but make smoke with this level of grip? Thats not so easy...

[​IMG]

Norways own Fredric Aasbø was at the event, driving hes supra...
    Hes in another league than every other one of us, hes going into bends with backwards entrys now, and also using ALOT higher speed into turns than every other one of us...

Anyway, I'm considering getting myself a new track/street toy...
    Something with TURBO.. What would people recommend?
    I'm considering Supra/ something with 2JZ into it, maybe a S-body with 2JZ conversion?

Also considering BMW with Turbo, either M20 turbo or M50, dont know yet..
    Then we have s-body with SR20, thats not an issue because of too little displacement and the über shitty sound.
    I need a car with MUCH more HP than the 338 I have now, so just have to work something out :p

13. DaveM-sport

DaveM-sport Member

:D:D:D

totally agree :nod:

Turbo the S38 :smokin:

14. OllyG40

OllyG40 Member

Awesome read! More pics of the new stance??

15. ragge

ragge Member

Thank you!
    Well, don't know about engines and shit yet, haven't decided what to go for, or just buy another type of car... E30's have turned into a collectors cars in this country, and prices are real high for 2 door coupes, considering what they are (old cars full of rust that you wanna beat up...)..
    so even though I love E30's I'm considering something else, maybe a newer BMW (E36 ?? but they look shite compared to E30 )...
    Also, considering S-body, would be cool having a S14-S13 with a 2JZ maybe...
    Or something V8.. Because of awesome sound and reliability.

We drove at Gatebil September, the meet started out crappy, because the car seemed to be going like shit.
    Turned out the bracket for the gas pedal was fucked (rusted ), so I had only about 80-85% throttle.
    Fixed that, and lowered the rear springs to lowest position to get more camber and less grip, and this helped really much.

Car would go at rev limiter trough turns and smoke it...
    Much of the fun of this engine is having it at high revs, especially the limiter!!!
    (it sounds best at the rev limiter you know)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here you get an idea of the stance maybe, wheels are close to fenders when turning. (actually they are in contact with fenders, bending them a little, but thats ok ). Car isnt newly washed either :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Gatebil Taxi are hunting me... Original M5 i Believe, with a good suspension... It smokes tires real good considering "only" 500 HP and not much torque at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A random pic I took at the pit lane... Good mix of cars, as always

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other than this we have perfomed a lot of streeto, the car is great at street with a bit more camber at rear, so easy to drive.. I think the street is as much fun as track, maybe even more... As usual, we have wery little footage from the streeto, I'm considering getting a go pro cam or something, sometime, which can take good footage when its dark.. We'll see... I'm not that interested in computers, cameras, electronics and that kind of shit.

Have to add, this summer has been so CRAP!! Have been raining ALL THE TIME, we was so lucky not having rain at Gatebil, because it was raining every day weeks before and the weeks after!!
    So fucked, hating rain... Have been a lot of flooding and damaged roads and buildings through one of the worst summers for decades...

#95 ragge, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  16. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

wow, You Norwegians always have crazy builds! i love it! it show be, "e30, Norway Spec" :wack:

17. ragge

ragge Member

A month ago, we had our first streeto accident with the car....
    3 gear, approx 50 km/h into a edge with rear wheel at passenger side hitting the edge as first contact point (was a tight curve with way at its side, dont know whats its called in english).. We hit the edge , car got thrown around 90 degrees with front into rail, before other rear wheel at drivers side hit the egde... Then 180 degrees and backwards into a "lyktestolpe" (whats it in english?) Road light or something... we stopped into it, both rear rims completely broken, both rear control arms bent and driveshafts broken, radiator fucked, a big dent in rear fender because we hit the road light, and bent front bumper :

[​IMG]

doesnt look bad at all, it was my rear suspension who really took the impact

[​IMG]

We replaced both driveshafts, and I fixed the radiator (welded it), and car is up and going, but its pretty ill to drive because my rear suspension geometry is totally redicilous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In addition to bent front bumper and hole in radiator, I also broke the high beam glass... So Isnt too bad..

[​IMG]

A bonus pic of engine...
    Plans for the car, will maybe getting it a little less ghetto spec than it looks now... Full of dents and scratches... Look really battered.
    Also my right wheel house is torn apart because of tire explosion... So car is filling up with tire smoke INSTANTLY now.

Also need to replace rear suspension :smash:

And maybe I'm gonna buy som Brock B1's for it for next year, we'll see....
    Car has had its last trip for this year, and is now parked, outside, ready to rotten through a new winter :(

18. Karan

Karan Active Member

You are my hero I love this car. Makes me miss my s38 e30 very much.

19. alanfordtw-15

alanfordtw-15 Member

that is the toughest car ever! it is so battle torn its unreal, yet it keeps going!
    the s38 sounds like an unbreakable engine also considering the way you drive it, limiter all the way!

20. ragge

ragge Member

Thank you...
    A little video from this year 2011, nothing über fancy, just a bit of streeto and rev-limiter-hitting:

Car is parked, I'm currently having nothing car related projects as I've moved to another place with little equipment and tools, I've got no job as we speaking, so things are going a bit slow.... What sucks most is the winter is here, with coooold temperatures and all the darkness.

But next year will be another year of street drifting and track racing, lets hope so!