E36 325i

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Reuben Van Zummeren, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Reuben Van Zummeren

Reuben Van Zummeren New Member

Guys! it been along time coming ! finally got my e36 325i only 60k on the clock .Pulls well and comes with original e36 M3 wheels.

I have a locked diff, and a set of ebay coil overs ( just for now) . Bought a boss and steering wheel from drift works i also bought lock adapters from eBay( really cheap) I still need to buy a seat and harness before drift day. Anything else initially you think would be required to get going?

Im not looking to spend tons of money. Motorsport is expensive but think it can be done cheaper than what most people think. ( ie tires- happy to go hunt )

I live in london, so two hours tops to POD. Im going to be taxing and insuring the car as a second vehicle( 11 months mot when i bought it).

2. antz

antz Active Member

Some cheap 15" wheels for drifting on and more than anything, seat time. Get out there. Drive it.

3. Jacob Rawa

Jacob Rawa New Member

Definitely don't scrooge on cheap parts, it's better to drop $300 on "small stuff" than to have a 6-months horror that doesn't end because of "small things". Just make sure you car is ready and won't fall apart from the pressure. Also, be aware that you WILL crash this car. It's part of the process of learning, you won't know your limits otherwise :) HAVE FUN!

oh, and a Hydro is pretty important, Unless you're gonna use the foot pedal only, Like Takumi. Because if you're gonna use the stock HandBrake the cable will stretch and might even snap & DMG other things. I actually suggest watching ChrisFix's series on his Drift Mustang because he shows how to set the car and upgrade it as swiftly as possible