E36 Rear coilover

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by hammer88, Nov 10, 2015.

1. hammer88

hammer88 New Member

Hello,

I've built a dual use car (drift and hill-climb) and I'm looking to upgrade the rears to a coilover set-up with rebound adjustability. Rear coilovers for e36s go for silly money, does anyone know if I could fit coilovers from an other car, perhaps a S13/14/15?

Thanks a lot!

2. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 Member

You could always get an insert and make a housing body up for it; that way you could buy off-the-shelf Koni dampers (8610 or 8611 - search and a few different PNs come up with stroke length etc) and have them valved to your spec.

3. hammer88

hammer88 New Member

Thought of that but Koni inserts are quite expensive at about 170 euros a piece, plus the materials and machining needed to create the housings.

This is only a stop gap measure as I'd like to upgrade to something professional later on...

4. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 Member

tbh, if you know what you're after and know a company who can revalve the Koni's then it will probably work out better than the vast majority of stuff on sale this side of £1500.

5. hammer88

hammer88 New Member

I've had an other idea, I'll just buy a pair of second-hand KW's of ebay and modify them to fit them in the rear, if anyone is interested I'll post the results...

6. stephenj

stephenj New Member

Feal Suspension Coilovers

Doesn't look like you are from States but you should look into Feal Suspension Coilovers! They offer a true rear coilover for the e36 right at ~$1300. Believe they are running 10% off for the next few days as well too.

7. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

8. Starkey

Starkey Administrator
    Staff Member

Check you PM's I have sent you a message.

9. ERTmotorsport

ERTmotorsport Member

You can run Yellowspeed coilovers which run a a coilover setup front & rear!