Ebay issues

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by counteract, May 31, 2018.

1. counteract

counteract -o=me

Start of May (bank holiday weekend) I bought a bmw gearbox from a seller on ebay, paid immediately via paypal.

Nothing arrives for a couple of days after so I ask the seller for an update and I'm told it'll be chased up and the seller will get back to me.

I check the DPD tracking number (15976512525464) daily, all it says is "We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly".

A few weeks go by and still nothing so I contact again. No reply. I raise a case against the seller as I've paid and had no item. The seller seems a bit suspect now as they've removed a lot of items that were for sale, so nothing to show now except a rating and username (TopTradingUK).

The same day I get a reply. The seller apologizes, explains they've been ill and a courier has been arriving every day to collect the parcel, but its weight is more than agreed so the courier can't take it away. I'm told I'll get a full refund and as a good will gesture the gearbox for free also.

I know it's been another bank holiday weekend, however still no update on the tracking number, with no more replies from the seller as the case has closed.

Where do I stand now? Ebay seems useless as soon as you close the case, no way to reopen it and no direct way to contact them that I can see either. So I've paid £80 to someone and there's no way of getting hold of them as the item has been removed and I can't contact the seller as the send button is inactive when trying to message.

Has anyone had a similar issue before?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. KevlarRx7

KevlarRx7 Member

Call them, or raise the case with PayPal.

3. counteract

counteract -o=me

Just checked paypal to see and it's not visible, so I must have paid by card via eBay stupidly. I'll just give them a call like you said I think. Thanks.

4. KevlarRx7

KevlarRx7 Member

Was it debit or crefic card? If it was the later you can get your credit card company to refund you and chase them for the money.

5. counteract

counteract -o=me

I only have a debit card unfortunately. Not entirely sure why I didn't pay via Paypal but I'll try and get hold of eBay to see if there's anything that can be done

6. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

Has the initial paypal transaction maybe disappeared as a cancelled payment?

7. counteract

counteract -o=me

Nope, money definitely went out.

I found the eBay contact information so will call them when I have a chance to see what happens next. I’m expecting them to be useless and say they can’t do any more as the case has been ‘resolved’ though.

It does say PayPal however hough doesn’t show up on my paypal payments and hasn’t been returned. Odd.

441F1F34-6AC4-40A2-8093-996922EF3758.

8. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

That is odd.

I hope you get it sorted.

9. counteract

counteract -o=me

Thanks.

I've just gone to try and contact the member again via a desktop rather than a phone - 'No longer a registered user'

fuck.

10. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

I hate eBay. I'm bidding on some very cheap tyres just now. 20 minutes after my winning bid was placed coincidentally another bidder making his first ever 3 bids with 0 feedback bids it up. I know thats the name of the game but I'm after a bargain. B*stards.

11. counteract

counteract -o=me

I called eBay who were helpful, went through to PayPal, which was a nightmare as their automated system eventually leads you to their American automated system.

I paid via a guest portal type thing but my transaction was discovered a claim raised against the seller. Just a waiting game now, but I have the seller's email address so I'm just trying to think of a devious plan to get my revenge now.

12. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

If it involves Paypal you should be safe to get your money back, even if it was just a guest transaction or something.

13. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

How did you get on? After commenting on this I've found myself in a similar situation with a set of wheels I've just bought. One has a buckle and I paid via card through PayPal and not on my actual PayPal account.

14. counteract

counteract -o=me

I was told I had two weeks for the seller to respond, however he'd deleted his account by this point. In the end PayPal settled it and refunded me, saying that the seller would have restrictions to his account.

Hope you manage to get it sorted. If you contact PayPal though they should be able to find your transaction. You just need to know the value and item listing name, or what it was, i.e. engine, wheels etc.

PayPal were really helpful with my claim, but their automated phone system is appalling. Eventually you will get through to someone in Ireland and you know you're sorted then!

15. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

Thanks for the reply. Hoping to get it sorted with as little hassle as possible.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Tony Lane

Tony Lane New Member

It's so hard to order anything on eBay. Good thing you had your payment refunded.

17. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

I requested a refund and they gave him 8 calendar days to reply. I eventually got an official case opened after the 8 days with no reply and have a caseworker assigned. He's basically taken my side and given the seller a further 5 days to either send me pre-paid return slips, funds to book return postage or collect in person. I'm not expecting the seller to do either of those tbh but glad eBay have taken my side.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

Sorry for partially hi-jacking your thread btw

19. counteract

counteract -o=me

Not a problem at all, if we can at least supply information and experiences on how to get these types of problems resolved for other people, then this forum is doing its job.

Good news on the case worker update. You've pretty much won already.

• Like Like x 1
  20. REDTOm

REDTOm Member

In regards to calling paypal when it starts with the first automated questions just keep saying customer services then it will take you to someone that can help rather then being taken round in circles.

If you need another bmw box give me a message i might be able to help

• Useful Useful x 1