Everything's going wrong, I spent 3-4 solid days trying to wrap my car and fucked it

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Drifttrader, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

Well actually I was pretty good, but I have no work shop and 19 mph wind ripped my wrap everytime I tried to lay it, ended up coming running out only left with 1/3rd of the car wrapped...

Ended up having a little cry to myself lol

So the point is, do any of you guys lose faith and just go "fuck it"

I fucking hate the car right now, but I've ended up shelling out £1200 on a Matte Chrome Red Wrap which should be nice, that's supplied and fitted Should have it finished in a few weeks...

Never thought working on a car would be emotionally challenging, although I just broke up with my missus of 10 years and using the car as a bit of a coping mechanism so maybe it's that...

Hope everyones doing ok!

2. daniel_g

daniel_g Member

Have a joint and a few pint and all will be sound haha.

3. Captain

Captain Member

Your not the only one bud, recently every time somethings gone wrong on my tezza I've just said to my self fuck this I'm going to sell this piece of shit that always breaks and buy a focus. Or any of my cars for that matter, but I guess breaking up with a partner of that long will also take its tole. Maybe try find another hobbie that isn't as stressful?
    I'm sure it will work itself out though :)

4. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

Yeah it's shit, I just want it FINISHED it's like it will never be fucking done lol

And I'm picking up girls in a fucking car thats red and blue with half a finished interior lol

I wish I had the funds to just get it all done in a week but I can't :(

For the money I've spent £3k ish, I could have got a nice CLK 320 04' plate I seen online that's stunning, cept my cars a 20 year old Lexus

5. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

Spend the money on travelling instead. You can spend an entire month in Asia for 1200 pounds.

6. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

I could have put a deposit on a new house for what I've spent on my car lol

7. Ikeaaxel

Ikeaaxel Member

If it's got tits or tyres, chances are it's going to be expensive and cause problems.

8. H05TYL

H05TYL Member

Can totally relate to this. Have had my R32 in bits since the rb25 ran a bearing the first time I drove the damn thing (after buying it as an un finished project) Decided I couldn't wait another year until I've got the coin to finish my rb30 build, so I bought an rb20 to drop into her in the meantime, had to put it off for a week when i couldn't find the last flywheel bolt, got that sorted, dropped the motor in, had to replace the butchered original loom, every time I do anything on the car i find more corners the previous owner cut, anyway can't start it because the ECU I got with the engine is actually for an RB25 not a 20...

Fucking over it, just shut the garage door and walked away.

Ski season starts in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to go have some fun snowboarding and come back to the car in a few months (maybe).

Sorry for the rant, um, advice? Just take some time off and come back when you are in a better frame of mind.

9. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

Hey mate, sorry to hear that!

Yeah I have, I took a week off, finished my suede interior and the car is booked in for a matte chrome red wrap :D

Then a single turbo on the 2jz and possibly manual box

Hopefully no more issues now I'm paying others to do the work!