Exedy stage 1/2 clutch toyota AE86

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Bartta23, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Bartta23

Bartta23 New Member

Is somebody running this clutch from exedy:

- TK01H201 (stage 1 clutch)
    - TK01T201 (stage 2 clutch)

the reason i am asking is because i am looking for a nice clutch for my 2-TG engine. I have a T50 gearbox, same as the AE86, but a bit older.

when confirmed i can run an upgraded clutch instead of the normal one, since the engine is modified.
    The pressureplate fits to my flywheel, but i am not sure if the frictionplate wil fit.
    Can somebody confirm the spline diameter and spline count for me.

It needs to be 21 splines and around 24mm in diameter

thanks

2. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

hey mate

i think is 21 the small one
    i can check it in afternoon for sure

3. Bartta23

Bartta23 New Member

I have also written an email to driftworks, they confirmed the hole is 21 splines and 23.8mm in diameter. Friction disc is 200mm and fits my flywheel. The Xteme clutchkit provided this information.

But it would be nice to check, then i really know for sure.
    Thnks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bartta23

Bartta23 New Member

I can confirm that this stage 1 kit from exedy fits both my flywheel and gearbox without any modification. I even gained 1 centimeter on the frictionplate. Surprising enough, from factory the frictionsurface on the flywheel was also made 200 mm while the stock clutch is 190mm. And 2-TG an 4AGE dont share the same flywheel. Nice work Toyota!

So for everybody who is using an old 2-TG engine and running a T50 gearbox, this is a straight bolton clutch upgrade.

The one thing i dont know if the T50 gearbox came with different splines and diameters on their primairy shaft, but for me this solution works!