F1 Farse!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by SidewaysRob, Jun 19, 2005.

1. SidewaysRob

SidewaysRob Member

Having just sat down on 1 of the very few Sundays I get off to watch F1, I'm extremely disappointed with it.

Previous seasons weren't worth watching but this year was turning out to be well worth a watch.

Unfortunately due to an error with the Michelin tyres (which they admit to) 14 car's were instructed not to race. It's a crying shame that the FIA, Eccelstone, Michelin and Bridgestones couldn't get together and be more mature about the whole thing.

What a waste of my time it was watching that!

2. LittleMark

LittleMark -NIGHTSPIRIT-

Well they did do it for safety, Imagine if they had sent the drivers out on the track and a Fatality had happend, Then they would have been Blamed with Not telling people... But it was a shame as its ussually a good race. There were also alot of pissed people in America, But shit happens... But the FIA are fuked now!

3. Dogs Danglies

Dogs Danglies Sick Puppy

What a waste, they should have done the decent thing and got all the dodgy michelin tyres stuck them on the backs of all the cars and had themselves a dori session :D

4. DeBastaard

DeBastaard Keyboard-Drifter.

I Watched it, and i believe michelin made a good decision.
    Risking the lives of people is no good, no good at all.

I Hope this thing got the ball rolling, and that there will be some good changes in the FIA Rules.

Shame for the people which payed 100 bucks for a ticket and only saw 6 cars race..

5. YODI

YODI Active Member

had the potential to be agood race. They wern't told not to race they were told the tyres wernt up to the 200mph straight and the 9 degree banked bend at nearly flat out before it, I personally dont blame the other 6 for going out.

Yodi

6. Kenji

Kenji Active Member

Michelin fucked up. The teams made the right decision not racing.
    It's a shame the other three teams didn't consolidate with the Michelin riders (just to make a statement to the FIA).
    Strangest race I ever saw......

7. hashiriya

hashiriya EDC審査員

i don't see a problem with it..... if 5 teamds had all blown all of their engines, it would have carried on.... why not with tyres. The teams made the mistake to sign with michelin and paid the price.

8. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

it was just in case a driver died or a tyre fell to peaces and hurt a spectator

9. Euge

Euge Loves Boobies

Weirdest F1 race i ever saw. Mind you F1 still bores the crap out of me, it just aint exciting at all! In my eyes one of the most boring forms of motorsport to watch alongside with those crazy old timers going up hills doing trials :wack:

10. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

more mature !!! they were preserving the lives of their drivers how more mature do you want , :no: :D

11. Black Betty

Black Betty Bamalam

Ere Mr Euge, theres nought wrong with trials! That is my winter motorsport!!
    Check it!

12. Euge

Euge Loves Boobies

Bloody hell, i knew you would have to be doing that you countyr bumkin :p At least your driving something half decent. Not something thats a cross between a caterham, pram and a pikey kids go-kart made out of wood :thumbs: You wear a flat cap too betty and smoke a pipe as you go up hills? :D

13. Pulsatingstar

Pulsatingstar -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

14. Black Betty

Black Betty Bamalam

Yeah man whilst playing the banjo singing hill billy songs! :p

15. Euge

Euge Loves Boobies

hahahaha, thats the shit! Give me a shout next time your doing it im up for a laugh :thumbs:

16. Black Betty

Black Betty Bamalam

haha, well when winter pops its head round the corner this year i'll give you a shout! Bloody funny day out mate! ;)
    Plus you gotta bounce up and down in the back seat to give me extra traction as 8psi in the rear tyres doesnt quite give me enough traction and that is as low a psi im allowed to go in competiton! :D
    When your bouncing along in the back you can shout 'YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAA' whilst twanging along on the banjo singing cotton eye joe! hahahaha

17. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

yeh fuck it thats why i watched thele mans 24 hours instead and the btcc coverage, filled my motorsport needs up for the weekend

18. SidewaysRob

SidewaysRob Member

Hmmm, perhaps I didnt make my original point very well.

The problem was caused by Michelin, and yes I agree that the decision not to race on dodgy tyres is a good one. However, what wasn't mature was the FIA's insistance that the track couldn't be altered to make it safer for nearly 3/4's of the field :wack:

It's not like they haven't done it before, Brundle made it clear that there have been occassions where they've altered the track to make it safer, so why not this time??
    Narrow mindedness ruined what could have been a great race. Instead of treating the situation that Michelin created with as an exception to the rule, they go ahead with a race of just 6 cars :euge: :rolleyes:

19. AnimalityRacing

it was very disapointing race especially for the people that paid in..

on the upside its the only points jordan will get this year!

20. MarkRiccioni

MarkRiccioni Member

Even with 6 cars racing it still didn't shut that cock James Allen up for 2 mins...