Wanted FC Datalogic URGENT

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by WheelRubber, Feb 19, 2018.

1. WheelRubber

WheelRubber Member

Evening all!

Need to get hold of an FC Datalogic asap please. If you know of anyone with one laying around, or even just to pinch for a weekend, please message me! Need to get this Chaser Mapped!!

Thanks in advance!

2. ChrisPackit

ChrisPackit Member

I have one. Not too fussed about selling it to be honest, but if you want it, I'd let it go for £200. Im near Manchester

Cheers

3. WheelRubber

WheelRubber Member

Able to send some photos of it please bud? Do you also have the software CD/Serial/USB cable?

4. ChrisPackit

ChrisPackit Member

The software is freeware off the Internet, but there are different versions for different vehicles. Theres a Universal FC Edit and a Toyota Specific one - one of these will work on the car. The problem with the Datalogits is not the hardware itself, but the communication between modern laptops with USB and the Datalogits with Serial connection. They are very particular with USB convertors, and 90% of them dont work as I found out the hard way!

Thats why Im concerned you would buy it and not be able to communicate with the Power FC and think theres a fault when in fact it'll be the USB convertor.

5. WheelRubber

WheelRubber Member

Ok. So does that mean you found the solution to the USB problem and have the correct cable?

If not, im pretty sure i can figure out the wiring for it

6. ChrisPackit

ChrisPackit Member

I do have the correct USB convertor (I think!) - There are no wiring issues to sort out, it's do do with the baud rate and packet data rather than a hardware issue.

Shame you're not closer as I used to be an engine mapper and could've got your PFC installed with a half decent road map on it, so you get it to your preferred tuner.

7. WheelRubber

WheelRubber Member

Well, there is nothing stopping me putting the heap on the truck and coming up to you ;)

The PFC is installed and the car runs pretty ok atm anyway on the base map. Obviously doesnt like boost, but then again, it isnt a standard setup anymore. Ill PM you and add on facebook, that way, we can chat a little quicker ;)