Finally bought one

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by neil a walker, Sep 5, 2008.

1. neil a walker

neil a walker Active Member

Flying the Ma61 Flag on Speedhunters!
    [​IMG]
    Here's a link to the Meet on speedhunters and Dep-o Magazine for some
    nice photos of the other cool cars that were there.
    A CASUAL AFFAIR: RETRO TOYOTA GATHERING - Speedhunters

Dep-O Magazine Retro Toyota's at Ace Cafe

Same Angle, different Eye... (wish i lowered the front a bit more now)
    [​IMG]

In other news..
    I've been looking into an affordable Brake upgrade kit for those who wish to have a Sharper Braking Performance from their Ma61's.
    I'll be running some Mazda FD 4 pot front Calipers as they are Light Aluminium Calipers and are well known for their stopping power.
    [​IMG]
    They Accept 22mm wide Brake discs and Regularly can be bought Second hand for around the £100- £120 mark.
    mazda rx7 brake caliper | eBay

Brackets will be lazercut from strong EN24T steel plate so no worries of failures.

For discs there a few options, Namely from a Peugeot 306-gti-6
    PEUGEOT 306 2.0 16v S16 EBC Standard Front Brake Discs D612 Only £75.29

The centre bore is 66mm so 10mm smaller than the Ma61's 76mm bore. That's easily fixed with machining on the lathe
    and being a 4 x 108mm pcd, The discs can easily be redrilled. to the required 4 x 100mm pcd.
    (uses M10 holes/ bolts on the Supra hubs)

The width is the same 22mm for the MAZDA RX7 Calipers and the Disc height is 27mm, so only 1mm off our 26mm high Ma61 supra Discs.That means no Rubbing on the Steering arm/ track rod end whilst still running the brakes inboard.
    Less Machining than running an adapted Nissan kit as well as less Unsprung weight. and no need for new wheel studs due to to no change in track width.
    You would need to run At least 15" wheels to run this set up though. ;)

[​IMG]
    Photo0284 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0283 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0282 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0281 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0286 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Hopefully have them mocked up on the car Early Next week.

The Discs only cost £47.50 a pair, so not really breaking the Bank :o Although i'd recommend upgrading to the larger Mk3 Brake booster/ master cylinder for sharper braking response
    as well as braided hoses and dot 4 fluid.

2. neil a walker

I had a bit of a slow one at my Day job today, so decided to book the afternoon off to concentrate on the Brake kit. 8-)

I had a set of Hubs with discs kicking about at my Fabricators shop, so went up to the Estate and took some proper measurements as well as speak to the Machinist Next Door.
    He was just running CNC batches so had a bit of time to Adjust the discs on the spot! (literally about 20mins from start to finish!

[​IMG]
    ma61 height v's 306 gti-6 disc. by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0290 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Comparison shot. by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    258mm dia ma61 Disc vs 283mm dia 306 GTI-6 Disc by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    New disc Centre bore Enlarged to 76mm & new M10 holes drilled for 4 x100mm Toyota Hubs. by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    New disc Centre bore Enlarged to 76mm & new M10 holes drilled for 4 x100mm Toyota Hubs (Close up) by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Bolted up to Hub. by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    25mm larger Discs! by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Side shot fitted to Hub. by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Height Difference of 25mm & 2mm thicker over stock Ma61 discs. by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    soon to be fitted to car, Stay tuned for further updates. by shiredrifter, on Flickr

n other news, i Bought an Eaton M90 Supercharger from a jaguar X300. (£150! haha)
    JAGUAR XJR X 300 SUPERCHARGER | eBay
    It's a short Snout model Off a 4.0 litre straight six, and bolts on same side as where the Aircon compressor goes. I want to make it switchable (like mad max haha) or like on a Toyota sc14 charger via using the now obsolete Aircon Button, But i'm going to have to make the pulley the right size so the ratios arn't mental
    and it blows up. Aiming for only Around 8-10 psi, but have to fit a thicker head gasket as my 1984 model is 9.2.1 compression ratio.

It's early days, but am picking up a free 70k Engine from a well looked after Auto car so will use that as the Mock up so i dont keep having to take the car apart to make things. still gotta Get some bigger injectors
    but already got a Dastek Unichip Piggyback Ecu and a Walbro 255Lp/h Fuel pump from My old Nissan s13
    (Same part No.) So might have to go from MAF to Map Sensor? Dunno, will cross that bridge when i come to it!

And you may say, "why the hell do you want to supercharge it when turbo's are easier to do, and are more efficient you mad bastar, WTF are you doing?! :no::euge::smash:

My answer to that is, No Lag from idle up to redline, Waay less heat, which in a drift car is paramount to reliability, and General Driveability with the option to switch it on and off (which you can't do with a turbo)
    since i'm using an M90 charger off a straight six engine i'm hoping, so long as i move the MAF over to the other side , and move a few things around a bit the Weight shouldnt be too bad. Wrestling with Intercooler V's Charge cooler At the moment, But Probably go with an air to air intercooler for less to worry about if i hit something whilst drifting.
    As i'm not going to be running the M90 charger anywhere near flat out, the air should be quite a low temp
    so the Cooling side isn't as vitally important as it would be on a turbo'd engine.

Well, thats the Theory anyhow, see me in about 6 months when i have Cut hands and lost the will to live after worrying about Pipework routing day and night...:rolleyes:

3. neil a walker

Well, supercharger Arrived today.
    [​IMG]
    Photo0299 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0302 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Needs a rebuild, so will be buying a kit from the States no doubt.
    Best be safer than sorry really :-/

[​IMG]
    Photo0303 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

I had a spare Ma61 Alternator belt that i need to fit, Just out of curiosity, ??? i wanted to see if it fit the Jag pulley on the Charger ?

Result = Spot on :o 8-)

[​IMG]
    Photo0300 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

I Mean perfect! ( who Knew!!)

[​IMG]
    Photo0301 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Now, that gives me the option to either find a longer Toyota Belt that fits, or have a look at the Jag x300 Belt length, either way, thats the Pulley's sorted. ;D

Next i moved the battery out the way, and spinning the pipe round 180 deg to see what clearance is like.
    [​IMG]
    Photo0307 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0306 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0304 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

The Cavern! Need to move the rad though, so save mock up for another day..

[​IMG]
    Photo0305 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

then look at back plate design, fabbing up some brackets to suit, as well as a belt tensioner, but i can do all that on the spare engine i'm getting soon.

#343 neil a walker, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  4. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Charge temps are way higher with a positive displacment supercharger than a turbo as the efficiency is wank in comparison.

BUT despite the higher charge temps it will be less prone to det than a turbo with similarly high charge temps due to having less backpressure at the exhaust ports than a turbo.

Good call btw, from experience with the Merc, it will be way better than a turbo for drifting, even a turbo setup that has no lag really.

5. neil a walker

Ahh, is it so?! I took your Advice to find a Big Charger as it's less stressed. Dimension wise there's not a lot between a M62 and A M90.
    CAPA : Eaton Superchargers

CAPA : Eaton Superchargers

Going to be running a decent sized intercooler though. I did look at Twin Pass intercoolers, but not sure if they would be right for what i want to do? Only reason is that the pipes are on the same side, so when i swap the MAF over i can run the Cold pipe from the intercooler, over the top of the intake Cam cover like they do on the 1GGTE Engine.

(just intake side as thats a turbo)

[​IMG]

Or i can copy how Toyota did it on the 1GGZE... (I dont have to move my MAF then, but pipework looks tricky..

[​IMG]

Need to figure out if i can get an actuator retro fitted now, or will it have to be a recirc blow off valve? hmm,
    think the switchable clutch pulley will be a nightmare, as only seen them on Eaton M62's (merc slk's ect) Toyota would be a better bet from an SC14, but you try finding one! Who knows what Shaft size they are, but it's a toytoa made blower i think, quite a bit smaller than an M62 by the looks of things.

And not only are they fucking expensive new, the shafts a different size, which will mean lots of Machining, and they are also quite big Pully's , so gotta work out the Ratios , plus i bet the belt prob wont bloody fit:rolleyes:

Found out the "90" prefix in M90 stands for 90 cubic inch more displacement, which works out to be 1.47 litres , plus the 2.8 and i get a 4.27 litre Displacement of air.. So a 4.27 litre engine ...Nice
    Lets call it a Work in progress...:nod::thumbs:

#345 neil a walker, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  6. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Run as big a intercooler as you can viably fit/afford, single or twinpass or whatever fits best, wont matter too much considering the lowish boost.

Wouldnt worry about electromagnetic pulleys, just an OEM thing, a gimmick when it comes to tuned cars, esp if you running a bypass or dump valve.

Unless its got a built-in bypass thing like a lot of OEM superchargers, just run a dumpvalve. The C230Ks etc jus have an electronic throttle which is basically a dumpvalve for that reason. They recirc to the airbox usually but I vented mine to atmo.

7. neil a walker

Got ya, think i'll go for a Forge Recirc valve as they come with different tension springs, then re route it back into intake past MAF sensor. Seen a Sard fuel Pressure regulator on ebay for £75 new. looks genuine, and in oxford, so may give it a punt..

In car Update news..

I've Managed to progress to the prototype stage now with the Big Brake Kit using Mazda FD3S RX7 Calipers & Peugeot 306 GTI-6
    Discs & I'm quite Happy with the End Result. You have to remove about 2mm of metal on the inside face of the Rx7 Calipers to fit around the Ma61 Brake Caliper Brackets, but, honestly, isnt hardly anything, and there's loads of Metal there.

[​IMG]
    Photo0320 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0321 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0339 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0323 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0324 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Only Mocked up as i need to get the right Bolts! ::)

[​IMG]
    Photo0326 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0327 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Cnc machined Prototype Brackets. Finished items will be Zinc Plated.

[​IMG]
    Photo0329 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0330 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Photo0331 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

When you Compare it to the Standard front Brakes with the Same 15" wheel...

[​IMG]
    Photo0325 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Oh, and Majorly Whoring it up on Speedhunters..
    [​IMG]

Me and chay have had an unintentional Speedhunters "Whore Off" But He's won that Now:smash::thumbs:

Brakes are good, stops me doing this...

#347 neil a walker, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  8. neil a walker

Been a while, and it's a pussy update, No supercharger News as of yet, but have been working on some Weld on Rear camber correction Brackets for the Celica Supra to try and eradicate some of the Dirty excess Rear camber angle which piles on after you lower the car. I cant believe those "Helladopelalalalalalalaflush" people actually want more of it?!! I will need more grip for the supercharger Angryness anyhow, so it needs sorting. Guessing -7/ 8 Degrees neg camber at the moment, so good fun in the wet, a bit gash in the dry

[​IMG]

New M12 bolts and camber washers will be made so will fit the Super Pro poly bushes rather than having to drill out the inner sleeves to accept the Oe Toyota M14 Eccentric Bolts, Used already for the Toe adjustment on the inner arms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking at it, i'll make some poly bushes as they're £200 for a set of super pro's! I got the rest of the kit now, so
    might as well just bang some out on the lathe.

#348 neil a walker, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  9. neil a walker

Bloody hell :o It's been a while since my last update eh ::)

Ok,I must admit, Riding my BMX at our New local Skatepark quite a lot lately, In between working on New products so Drifting and my own Car stuff has taken a back seat for a while as i cling on To my Youth!

So some parts i've been Whoring till i can fit them.

1"MK3 Supra Master Cylinder For the Big Brake upgrade. I'm already running a MK3 Brake Booster, so will fit on with No modification other than Bending the Brake lines a bit.

[​IMG]
    SAM_0086 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Eaton M90 Needle Bearings and Snout Coupling to refresh the charger.
    Ordered from the States for about £40

[​IMG]
    SAM_0082 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Adjustable Recirculating Blow off Valve For the Supercharger Conversion.This will also serve as a Boost controller of sorts. Think of it as a Recirculating Bleed valve

[​IMG]
    SAM_0081 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Dastek Unichip Piggyback ECU. It's an early type, but so is my car.
    What can i say, It was Cheap, They are proficient for the job and there are enough people around my area that can Map them, so a no brainer really!

[​IMG]
    SAM_0080 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

I Got Mark the fabricator to Chop off and weld up the Old wastegate Hole
    in the Boost pipe, so i could spin the pipe round 180 degrees. He did an awesome job too 8-)

[​IMG]
    SAM_0083 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0084 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

So it now fits like this >

[​IMG]
    SAM_0085 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

The Recirculating Dump Valve will need to link this outlet pipe to the inlet pipe at the back of the supercharger, so i gotta drill it and make a new hole for the Dump valve.

Billy Thorpe of Sweet Oblivion Clothing Also very kindly Made up a New
    Logo and Stickers for Driftoy, So They now adorn the car.

[​IMG]
    SAM_0089 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Please buy one, they'll be a collectors item one day! ;D

And also manages to Get a free Aluminum Diff Oil cooler and pump From a Nissan 200SX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's much needed as these diff's get really hot and have quite a low oil level in them,so no good for prolonged drifting. I'll link up the Pump to the old Aircon Switch, so i can run it on whilst i'm giving it angry death on the track.

Forgot to take pictures of the solid Pinion Crush sleeve from Weir Performance, so here are a couple to show you with the shims for matching to original spec.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Been working on these too. Not for my car though. I already have T3 ones.

[​IMG]
    SAM_0133 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0131 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0134 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0125 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Prototype 30mm offset RCA's to increase Track Width and Camber

[​IMG]
    SAM_0136 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0120 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0123 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0121 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0122 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

#349 neil a walker, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  10. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

How is the adjustable blow off valve gonna be a boost controller too?

On boost it will never open regardless unless somehow you can cut boost to the vac pipe side.

11. neil a walker

Boost pressure will overcome the tension of the spring that's pushing the blanking plate down when on boost, then atmospheric & vacuum will open it up when off boost. Now you mention it, i didn't think that vac lines would provide positive air pressure.. Fuck knows, let me blow it up first and then i'll agree that your right.

12. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

The whole way dump valves work is the pipe on top equalizes the pressure so the valve isn't pushed open by boost.

If the spring is incredibly weak it can in some instances (and DV designs) leak, but trust me, from maybe 15years of experience with the things, that's how they work.

13. neil a walker

Ahh, i want it to leak a bit. As you can see in the photo. i can't use a normal bypass valve anymore, so if i can get this to leak enough air with minimal spring tension. then i can vent off excess boost. An adjustable bleed valve in the vac line was another idea to control it.
    Don't come on this site much anymore, but hows your twin charged Corolla coming along?

14. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

The stock bypass valve stayed 100% shut under boost too, it was meant to open under vac too, same as a dumpvalve.

If you want to vent boost you need a wastegate, same as everyone else in the world who for some reason wants to vent some of their supercharger boost does, doing it by having a dumpvalve not working properly is a proper bodge and won't work well at all.

Corolla is long gone.

15. edtheduck

edtheduck Member

whats happenning with the reshell mate? you scrape through mot?

16. neil a walker

We are keeping it Ed, Got through Mot With just Needing Just a bit of Attention to the Sill. Mark Did it the Same Day, and Passed on the Next. Not Bad for a £190 Car that's Nearly 30 Years old eh! :p

Oh, and went to Lydden Hill For round 4 of the BDC. Sweeps Let Some Members of the Corolla Brotherhood (And Me) On Track Thanks Jord and Nick Shaw for the Photo's :thumbs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/url] BDC Round 4 @ Lydden Hill by Nick Shaw, on Flickr[/IMG]

Being my First time Driving Around the Track, I'd have preferred to have had the whole day to just get used to the lines, and set up my car, but it was free track time, so can't really complain eh!

It was a Bit of an eye Opener for me as i Literally Had about 10 Minutes after i Arrived at Lydd to Get all my Crap Out of the car, Replace a tyre that let go One the 160 mile drive to the Track, Set up Camera, Have a piss, and Go try and not Look like a complete Cnut in font of many hundred people that had attended whilst in the Mean time try very hard Not to Crash My ONLY Car if front of Said Many Hundred People

I pussied out of Devils Elbow, and when seeing everyone else i was on track with had a Cage fitted, and actually Practiced Regularly, (First time in maybe a year..) I erred on the Side of Caution. :cry: Love to go Back and be able to relax, as it's more technical than it looks. Liked it

Now with Added Ramones ^

I'm going to Take it off the road this winter, and Get something else to Potter around in while i give the Supra Some Much Needed tlc and Improvements.
    Had this on the Road for over 4 years Now, Done 10,000 miles a year in it, Drift Days, Daily Abuse and it's been the Most Reliable Car I've Ever Had! Next Step is Weld Sunroof. Refresh everything, Supercharge the 5MGE and Maybe Cage?

Hankering over a BMW E24 635 csi Still, so that may be the Next Daily Driver

I love this old Fucker :smokin: :nod:

#356 neil a walker, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  17. neil a walker

The supercharger parts whoring update.

So, after thinking a bit more about what Stav had said about recirculating valves, and realizing he was right and i was being a fucking eejit about how they work. I did a bit more research into them and the types. So, back to the drawing board i went on ebay and got a proper one off another jag as i could make it fit better

The bypass valve is 35mm bore from the intake into two 25mm leading back into the compressed side of the charger. Should provide lots of flow past the charger when engines off throttle, and hopefully not be too thirsty either.

[​IMG]
    SAM_0706 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0704 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

The 2 x 25mm bore bypass valves will have to be plumbed back in to the compressor outlet pipe, so going to get on the lathe and turn up some nice 6082 ali fittings that mark can weld back on. to the top of this pipe.

[​IMG]
    SAM_0698 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Next job is to make a template for the intake side of the charger (at the back) so we can fabricate a new one from Aluminum. The flat backed plate of the recirculating valve will then mate onto this so it needs to be D shaped on one side. I will have to move the air flow meter over to where the battery currently is, then mount that inside the car. Thinking of using a mini cooper s charger to intercooler part for this as they have a really nice flat profile. will see how much room i've got to play with when i fit the charger though. Then it will be a case of making a dummy pipe for a template, and getting it right.

[​IMG]
    SAM_0693 by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    You can see the twin outlets with the butterfly open in this pic ^

Eaton M90 has been stripped down for it's new bearings. I love how simple and old school these things look with their guts on display.

[​IMG]
    SAM_0701 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

It's got some wear and small chipping of the teflon coating on it, so not too sure how much that will effect things.
    do you think it's worth worrying about? there was a bit of lateral play in the bearings, so i'm guessing it's not too badly worn. :confused:

[​IMG]
    SAM_0703 by

shiredrifter, on Flickr

Inside of the casing looks pretty good. some light scoring, but no real gouges.

[​IMG]
    SAM_0702 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

It's quite an ordeal to replace things on eatons in the uk, No distributor or service dept from what i can find, so have to look at the usa for parts & guidance on a lot of things. Should be back together in the next week or so.
    Oh yeah,supercharger oil fucking stinks like boiling dog shit, so be careful where you store things:o

Bought an intercooler for £65 off ebay. It's 600 x 300 x 76mm and seems ok for what i want to do.

[​IMG]
    SAM_0694 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0695 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0709 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0700 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0697 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    SAM_0699 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Should all flow quite well with no real restrictions.

Another work in winter progress is the long neglected diff. I cleaned up the new spare
    that will have the weir kit and oil cooler set up on

[​IMG]
    SAM_0707 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

Got the M18 banjo's and pipework for that now, and found the missing parts to my my 3 leg puller after about 6 years so can commence on the rebuild now.

[​IMG]
    SAM_0708 by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    Banjo's fitted to my old Santa pod murdered diff. ^

All in all, lots of fun to be had over winter. :smash:

18. neil a walker

Let the rebuild Commence!

Iv'e had it on the road for 6 years, and it's served me very well, so about time i returned the favour.
    Lot's planned after it's down to a bare shell. And hope i can use this time on R&D for new Driftoy products.
    Amazed how well it's lasted though! 80's Toyota build quality is effing Amazing. Haven't even snapped a bolt yet!

[​IMG]SAM_0851 by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    Started Taking it apart. (Pulsar is in for New sills )

[​IMG]SAM_0849 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]Copy of SAM_0854 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]SAM_0856 by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    The sunroof and drain weighs 14kgs on it's own!

[​IMG]SAM_0858 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]SAM_0861 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]SAM_0853 by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    All the parts from the cars go on racking, this is actually tidier than my wardrobe! haha

[​IMG]SAM_0855 by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    Iv'e caught it in the nick of time really as it was starting to go again. I never thought it'd last this long tbh.
    Weld in Cage will be going in and made in house.

[​IMG]SAM_0864 by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    The front end is in really good condition under the wings though! Will be fully stitch welded though anyway

[​IMG]SAM_0870 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]SAM_0869 by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    And The Mazda RX7 FD3S 4 pots are on with 283mm discs from a Peugeot 306 GTI-6 If i were to do this again i would use R32 gtr Calipers and honda NSX discs

[​IMG]SAM_0879 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]SAM_0878 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]10421602_10152675628307580_63824789501694919_n by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    Also fitted the mk3 Supra Brake master cylinder on to the mk3 Brake booster.

[​IMG]10275984_10152660468212580_9159056274916250007_n by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    Most of the Sound deadening chipped off the floor. GT85 teflon spray is good to break down the tar i found.
    This will be fully Stitch welded and Caged

[​IMG]10405401_10152660469537580_7200001222198404907_n by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    Looks pretty cool with the rear bumper off...

[​IMG]SAM_0872 by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    Final weight was 12kgs of Sound deadening.

Right - On to The Supercharger...:smokin:
    A short nose Gen 3 Eaton M90 from a Jaguar XJR-6 (x300) £150
    [​IMG]10253860_10152660465637580_3389105945259395770_n by shiredrifter, on Flickr

I want to fit this in place of where the old aircon pump went so Messed around with fitment and clearances
    (Hence the zip tie!)
    [​IMG]SAM_0883 by shiredrifter, on Flickr

[​IMG]SAM_0880 by shiredrifter, on Flickr
    Horizonal makes the pipe work easier, but there are clearance issues with the inner chassis rail.

19. mikeyk

mikeyk Member

Nice ride!

20. SLAMbert

SLAMbert Member

Always had a soft spot for this car chap!

Good luck with the strip down, ill look forward to seeing it mint! Please keep the color though!