Finally bought one

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by neil a walker, Sep 5, 2008.

1. neil a walker

neil a walker Active Member

Nah, it aint:mad: just found the paint code for antique bronze mica, and its a darker/better colour. As long as we can get it, then it will be antique bronze, if not briarwood pearl as back up plan.:nod:
    Now you said it matt, not sure on satin black either:( gloss i think now dammit!!

2. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

I don't need any welding atm mate, I was talking to Stubb, unless he's another Ben?! Lol!

Stubb - I used to work in Witney, Ability systems, know the computer shop?

Neil, can you not go for a nice brown? Like, REALLY nice brown?

Voila:
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j76/2d_cutout/_MG_1394.jpg
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j76/2d_cutout/75569_l-1.jpg
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j76/2d_cutout/IMG_2760r.jpg

Or a good bronze:
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j76/2d_cutout/2801686399_06de466316_b.jpg

3. stubb

stubb Member

yeah i know the shop, neil is a witney boy as well, liking the browns you stuck up could be a cool colour, makin me jealous the paint on mine is sooo bad maybe ill park up next to spoon and catch some overspray

4. neil a walker

I love the second pic down ben:worthy:, that corolla, that looks sick!
    Nah, it's going lexus antique bronze mica (4P1) as its a lush colour/ plus its getting ordered tomorrow £350 a tin retail! farkinell!!:cry: Wont be paying that much for it but gloss black bottom half as matt's swung it for me:thumbs:

#104 neil a walker, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  5. Dori Mat

Dori Mat Active Member

cool, i've gotta be right now and again :D

colours will be spot on mate :thumbs:

6. neil a walker

week off so...

Did some more today on it, was waiting on a few parts from rally design, but couriers always seem to come at the crappest times:mad: so risked missing the delivery to go and get covered in dust and shit:wack:
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]
    Before.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    After.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Not super happy with how its turned out tbh, but think its as good as im gunna make it, plus have a cuning plan for those rear spats;)
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    While the wheel was off, decided to underseal inside the wheel arch, whole car will be undersealed when i get it back on the ramp.:nod: suspension will be coming off when i get all the bushes, but will do for now as its gunna be my road car and my driftcar

[​IMG][/IMG]
    plus dug out the spax dampers ernie had kicking around, look like they will fit ok:o

#106 neil a walker, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  7. cromwell

cromwell down under

One of these drives past me nearly every day on my lunch break. Fully used and abused spec but looks amazing. Dishu+Slammed+Cage+Dents and it looks hard as nails. Will try and get a picture of it one day

8. neil a walker

was thinking 'bloody hell!, never seen one on the road yet, then i noticed your in australia!!:p where cars dont rot, yeah, please take a piccie cromwell, would love to see it:thumbs:

9. Spanair

Spanair Member

God I love old skoolers, nice buy man enjoy it!.

10. neil a walker

"best get some paint on her then boy"

Another day, and after looking at the rear drivers quarter in the photos abovew, i wasnt completly happy, so got the grinder out again:wack: and smoothed it all a bit more, didnt get a photo of that, but....:smokin:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Didnt take the front bumper off:o coz it was a pisser of a job:euge::euge:
    (i know;)) so spent a good while masking it up proper like:nod:
    then andy came with my paint, antique bronze turns ou to be very fucking expensive, so my 2nd choice was briarwood pearl. what would it look like on the car:confused:

..Absolutly beautiful! darker than in the picture and exactly, i mean exactly the colour i was looking for:smokin: all different colours in the paint, and ernaee and his fiancee amy were mucho impressed with my choice:D
    so he sprayed my car while i chatted to amy and made rollies for him:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Anyway, pictures....
    (first coat only today by the way, doing 3 coats and flatting any shitty bits out between coats;))

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

#110 neil a walker, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  11. The Meathead

The Meathead Member

looking good :thumbs:

dude this projects gonna rock when its finished!!
    these things look awesome slamed :smash:

likeing the colour choice to matey
    good luck with the rest of the work.

12. Dori Mat

Dori Mat Active Member

good choice :thumbs:

come on more paint :D

13. neil a walker

come on neil, lets see the paint ffsakes.....

ok then;) as it's you:euge::wack:
    But first i got some more shiney stuff though the post, fucking finally:mad: bloody interlink express, about as much use as tits on a fish :nod:

rally design steering wheel £50 and front 2" coilover conversion kit,
    needs welding on, but as marks a pro tig welder, should'nt be much bother for him:thumbs:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Picked up some tack cloths and missioned it over to the workshop, had to get there by 5pm to let ernaee in and on the bus, so was a proper, against the clock senario. Once there, got jiggy with some runs we wern't happy with, and a good wipe with tack cloths, then on with the paint:smokin:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Then laquered.....
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

My Fave:alschaser:nod:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Now just needs the lower half painted gloss black, along with the arches and front bumper.Cant afford genuine toyota bump strips, so gunna improvise:o
    And rear spoiler cut, shut and painted along with rear lights and indicators.

paint fumes kick ass:wack::thumbs:

#113 neil a walker, Apr 10, 2009
  14. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

Buy that auto for sale on ebay for the bump strips, fit bump strips to your car, then I'll have the other car, and just fill 'em in with some sealant or something (cos I don't care!) and convert it to manual! :smokin:

Nice colour too mate, I'm thoroughly impressed!

Lowness inspiration :D

xx.

15. neil a walker

cheers dude, Not too bad for a barn job eh,:wack: cost me £200 fully painted,(all in:D) so bloody sweet! It still needs buffing after i do the black bits today, then the loborious task of cleaning flatting and making it all purty. forgot to order the carbon fibre for the sunroof panel too:cry: the edges are a bit shit, so covering it up and maybe a light dusting of paint in with the laquer.
    And satin black grille

Soz mate, but i cant justify buying a whole car for 8 or so bits of plastic!:smash: just buy the fucker!! you know you want it, 77k on the clock, mot'd wotever its going for atm its gotta be worth it:eek:

16. KE KID

KE KID Howling Mad

Thats bad ass man :smokin:

Ta for the rusty toyota love inspiration :thumbs:

17. Dori Mat

Dori Mat Active Member

:eek: that is the perfect colour :smokin:

might be too late to ask the question are you doing the black like the panda levin's ?
    not right up to the swage line gap of bronze then thin stripe of black :)

18. J.C Grime

J.C Grime Member

thats fucking cool man ... rad colour!!! old skool all the way!!

19. neil a walker

Thanks ever so much boys:thumbs::nod: It makes me happy to know that some of you out there like it:smokin: coz i fucking love it and all i can think about atm

Matt, short answer is yes, but colour coded bump strips to match the body, then the black from the bottom to go about 20mm over the top of them
    rear light cluster is gunna be the line i think:rolleyes: just where the lower black stops and red starts.... whadya think??

Right, onto the pics from today then....

Was a bit damp in the workshop today after the rain, so i didnt attempt the black 2 tone bottom as wanna see if it brightens up 2moz, then i'll get on it,
    First things first, take this fucker off!:rolleyes:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Then got the boss i bought off ebay out and fitted it to the steering wheel
    (the horn surround bit in the middle was removable thank god coz its :euge:)
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Spent ages cleaning all the black plastic with meths:wack:followed by a good buff with some t cut cutting paste then started masking up the lights as i really hate orange, wanted to do something similar to the redline lights on treunos ect. so used half a can of red and quarter a can of black tint spray
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    (bit of a trademark for me up the workshop and they rib fuck out of me for it)
    Then mocked up the rear number plate surround after a good polish
    [​IMG][/IMG]

before pic
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    muchos better in my personal opinion:smash:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Finally, before i went to get the bus home i mocked up the front and peeled off the rest of the masking, it came out awesome, Bit of time spent prepping makes all the difference.
    Still gotta paint the bumper black 2moz, but looking quite cool, may take the front indicators down a notch,as looking too black even for me! haha

Once again, thanks everyone on:dw: thats shown a genuine interest in my old slag:thumbs:

#119 neil a walker, Apr 10, 2009
  20. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

woah this is just like mine, but the opposite end of the spectrum.

excellent job kneel.