first car bmw e36 320i?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by AndrasLazar, Sep 7, 2017.

1. AndrasLazar

AndrasLazar New Member

helo guys, I'm looking to buy a car for good fun, and I was looking at e36 320i bmws. what do you guys think? here in Romania they are very common and pretty cheap (1000-2000 euros). I'm looking for a car to have fun with, and most importantly get some knowledge about cars because I don't know much about them, working on them, maintenance etc.
    So I wanna know, how good of a choice would a 320i e36 be? I saw there are also the 316i and 328i, but I wouldn't go for 328i because the taxes are very big in my country for cars that exceed 2 liters. thanks!

2. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

320i would be perfect.

You should weld the diff, but other than that you're sorted.

3. AndrasLazar

AndrasLazar New Member

nice bro, thanks! I guess it's a nice start, too bad getting a jdm is kinda expensive for me right now but I think I'm gonna get some fun in those e36's !

4. MSmith

MSmith New Member

It's good start up car, weld the diff, get some proper seats in it, sort out cooling as they like to overheat and you should be good to go. I wouldn't recommend getting steering angle kit to start with as if you learn without it it will be much easier when you get it eventually, just gets you better angles, gets some coil-overs maybe as well, as body roll is concern when drifting (unless you use it to initiate drift)
    2.2 litre engine would be best i think if you can't get 2.8 as 2.2 you can reach power of 2.8 with few mods