First car insurence on a 61' 100e pop

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Retro - Slide, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Hello :wave:

Soon to be getting my pop build started and planning on putting a SR20DET in it, Going to try and follow the same kinda build as Tom 'rusty' Simpson. But then I realised I would be destroyed by insurance company's. The pop is a 1961 so can be on classic. I just don't know about engine size and what they won't kill me on.

Any help appreciated :thumbs:

2. Captain

Captain Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but i think to have a car on a classic policy now lots of companies will only insure it if it's a second car and have a limited milage on it, as I tried it awhile ago with my capri. I could be wrong though

3. chrisyboi

chrisyboi Member

Also a minimum age on classic all at policy's iirc. When I tried to get my rx7 on one I had to wait until I was 21.

4. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Ah that might be a problem :( I could try and get it on my parents insurance if that could be a benefit? If I cannot afford the insurance with a SR20 in it I will probably go for a 1600 HPE Crossflow. What do you think? 1.6 NA would be better on insurance right? :)

5. Gooly

Gooly Member

Don't want to sound like a dick as I appreciate that forums are a good source of knowledge but when it comes to insurance the best thing to do is just to phone up and ask. The bigger companies wont be too helpful unless you actually run a potential quote, but the smaller classic car companies will be able to give you some good info on whats good and what isnt.

6. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Alright thanks for the help! cheers