fitting a bee-r limiter to a bmw

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by 1an, Dec 8, 2008.

1. 1an

1an Member

hi there,

ive been thinking, would it be possible to fit a bee-r limiter to my bmw e30 which has a 6cyclinder engine as i want to lower my rev limiter slightly over standard.

also would i get the same banging you get when fitted to a s14 or the like? car is soon to be fitted with a straight through exhaust system aswell if that would make a difference to the banging and flames.

cheers ian

2. Username

Username Active Member

Is it a turbo?

3. 1an

1an Member

the. Engine isn't turbod

I tale it, it will still limit the revs but won't do the same as when fitted to a turbod car regarding the banging and flaming

4. Mighty_Mini

Mighty_Mini Go!Go!Auto

it should still bang and flame, because its cutting the ignition so you get unburnt fuel in the exhaust system

5. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Turbo or not makes NO difference to the shame that is fitting a Bee-R to bounce off the rev limiter like a gay to get bangs and flames.
    Even a shit car like a 1.6 205GTI with an exhaust on it bangs and flames when you bounce off the standard limiter, like almost any car with a ign cut limiter.

Using a Bee-R is simple.

Lets say your sitting in your car, in your local Maccy D's carpark maybe, and you see some hot 12 yr old girls (or hot 12yr old boys, whichever you prefer).
    All you gotta do is start up your car, roll your window down, rev the engine to the limiter and hold it there....
    After about 30 seconds of it bouncing off the limiter stick your head out the window and yell, "VROOMMM WOOOOo0o0o0o0o0oo0o!!!!!!! POP woo0o0o POP POP!!!"
    They will be like "DAYYUUMMM SHORTAYYY, He must have like a UBER TURBONER in that whip since he been using the Bee-R for over 30 seconds and it still not spooled up!"

That will be followed by you getting your prize. People looking at you. :worthy:

Shortly after this, reality will kick in, and you feel like a complete penis.

6. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Lol!! Which McDonalds did you do that in?

7. Mighty_Mini

Mighty_Mini Go!Go!Auto

8. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Im glad you like my sig so much you have to post it up.

I would post up youir Avatar pic, but a man in a "LOL I Kyle" T-shirt or whatever it says is a little odd.

9. Bexee

Bexee Member

that made my fcuking day!:wack: :smash::dw:

10. jap-si

jap-si Active Member

hahahahahahahahaha that's funny as fuck!

11. xborninthefightx

xborninthefightx JZX BOSS

12. Mighty_Mini

Mighty_Mini Go!Go!Auto

I just found it funny, as your sig is your car doin' a massive burnout innit :p

13. jap-si

jap-si Active Member

14. Cyruz

Cyruz Sell Out

Hey street burnouts are cool, end of...

15. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

I still bow down to Topi's effort the other week though...

Word to big bird.

Especially in the middle of the day outside the local newspaper offices like that was, lol.

16. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

oooh, someone joined up (or just started a 2nd username to bitch under like they do on the GTR forum) just to do a lame attempt at giving me abuse for a joke that made loads of people laugh, oooh, cutting words :euge:

awesome Cavalier comparison too BTW, really see where your coming from with that one :wack:

#16 Stavros, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  17. MJG

MJG Active Member

It's gay, but gayer that you don't admit to just wanting flames and pops and bangs "yeah, erm, I just wanted to drop the rev limiter a bit". I think I asked a similar question once, I feel ashamed.

The chaser looks nothing like a cavalier, and burnouts are cool, revving an engine is not.

18. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

LOL! What you talking about you retard, does that look/sound like a Bee-R limiter? Am I bouncing off the rev limiter like a spazzo just to get flames? :wave:

No, in fact it was being lightly revved by everyones favourite faux-scouse drifter Mitto, to get rid of all the fucking airlocks in the newly refilled water system down at JDM Garage, like you SHOULD! :wave:
    The car flames on its own on the overrun, like a lot of powerful cars do...

Nowt wrong with flames, smoke, or any dicking about, its silly but fun, and cars are for fun, but when they only happen when you bapbapbaping it at full throttle parked up in neutral and you paid cash money to do that, its a bit gay.

LOVE
    the way you were so offended at a joke people were laughing at, that you going to SO much effort to try dig things out for a piss poor attempt at abuse, lovinyourwork:euge:

Why would anyone fit a Bee-R to a BMW when you can get a Omex or similar rev limiter thatd fit straight on and do the same or better job for 1/3 the price anyhow?
    :confused:

19. j-hamilton

j-hamilton Member

e30 325i's have weak rocker arm's could run into problems with them maybe

jzx81 + burnouts = cool, reving around town like a spaz is gay :euge:

back on topic, why do you want to lower the rev limit? less rev's means less power

#19 j-hamilton, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  20. ren_juanjo

ren_juanjo buttercakes!!

he probably just wants to make loads of banging and flaming.

to be honest, its just hooligan behaviour which i support fully. i'd love a Bee*R on my m3, just to make lots of noise and flame, as well as the usual smoke it makes. its not a road car (so none of this mcdonalds impressing people stuff) but it would make for very pleasant videos and pics to edit.