Free car shoot anyone?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Garrett_T25, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

I hope nobody minds me posting this here, this isn't designed as a promotional ad but rather a request for help from DW. I rarely offer free work but I'm looking for something in particular and feel the best choice at the moment is to take the hit and do the shoot for free as I'm in a rush to update my website.

I'm looking for something which is particularly eye-catching/photogenic to photograph so that, as above, I can update my main page. I had planned this according to a schedule but following a prolonged stint in the Middle-East I am now a fair way behind that curve. I'm happy to throw in a handful of prints and a CD of low-resolution, subtly water-marked images for free with a relatively free licence-ship (i.e. you or your affiliates may distribute them freely as you wish for your own PR). If you're interested in a magazine feature for further PR, I am also willing to submit the images on your behalf with a write-up to the magazine(s) of your choice, although as I'm not an editor I cannot guarantee publication.

The only real caveat is that I'm not looking to incur huge costs myself; while I'm willing to take the hit on my fee and the material cost of the prints, I don't want to spend days travelling or the money in fuel to get to you, so it helps for you to either be local or willing to travel. Ideally I'd like to do the shoot mid-week on an evening, which would mean the shoot being around Lincolnshire. I can also be available on a weekend in the Yorkshire area. For an ideal candidate I may be willing to relax this a little.

I have posted this offer elsewhere; to cut a long story short I'm looking at photographing in the automotive field as a bit of a break from my day job (currently I photograph military hardware, primarily fast jets), so I'm looking to amass half a dozen or so automotive images which will be used on my website. The ultimate aim would be to gain more commercial work in this field.

To that end, some of the cars on board so far include prestigious or rare marques. With no offence intended, I'm not looking to photograph an MX5 with chopped springs. The car has to visually be able to hold it's own next to them.

If anyone is interested, either let me know on here or email me at Rogue86@live.co.uk and we can take it from there. To be honest this offer would be ideally targeted at a team rather than a privateer, although anyone looking to make free and easy PR for their own sponsorship ends would benefit from it. I'm happy to post previous/published work on request, and again would like to clarify that I'm not looking to make money here.

Cheers for reading :thumbs:

2. taylor

taylor Active Member

Your more than welcome to shoot the Aston if you want, I'm not after any pics of it as I'm a photographer myself but as a beautiful subject I don't mind sharing. I'm based in manchezter

3. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

Very kind of you to offer, what kind of Aston/colour? I'm still looking for some motorsport inspired cars but could well add it to the list of exotica I've got so far. :)

4. taylor

taylor Active Member

5. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

Beautiful car! I'd be interested in taking you up on the offer, do you have an email address I can contact you on in the future?

Surprised more people haven't gone for this; at least £350 worth of shoot going begging for free.

6. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

My ps13.4a any good with awesome wheels etc?

Everything blended in perfectly etc and no stickers.

#6 FireStorm999, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  7. taylor

taylor Active Member

Problem is mate, everyone's a photographer these days so people already have a plentiful supply of mates that will do epic pics for free... Especially in this scene.

Email me at taylor_sp87@hotmail.co.uk

8. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

Do you have any pictures of it at all to gain more of an idea?

I appreciate what you're saying, although must stress that I am not a hobbyist who runs an online magazine and shoots cars for free. My work has been published (printed) by International press (the Guardian, Telegraph, Mail, Sun etc), been on display in the Royal Albert Hall in front of a crowd of thousands (and the millions of viewers who watched it on the BBC) and won two first-prize places (out of six) in professional categories in the only competition I entered last year. My day job involves photographing £67 million front-line fighter jets both ground/air and air/air.

What I'm offering is not only photographs, but a chance to increase a professional media footprint (hence the suggestion for a professional team, although a privateer could benefit if looking for sponsorship...or a regular owner could benefit by just having pretty pictures).

I offered this shoot on PH and within two days had 30+ emails from owners of everything from Ferraris and Lamborghinis to custom built race cars. I appreciate everyone has a friend with a camera, but this is an opportunity to have free high quality images from a published professional. You don't really have anything to lose other than a couple of hours of your life! :)

I'm looking to do light-painted shoots for these, similar to these older shots of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So would be looking for someone to commit to either an indoors shoot or a dusk/night shoot.

9. FireStorm999

10. Tom_d

Tom_d Member

I've been a keen photographer for a few years and rarely do I see photo's posted that impress me, but the pics on your site are amazing!

People would be mad not to take up your offer

11. LBPhotography

LBPhotography Member

What he said, your photos on your website are amazing. Anyone would be crazy to miss this opportunity (sadly i'm a photographer with a very boring merc so cant offer anything to excite your shoot)

12. Day

Day Member

I can offer you my car if you want? Its a dark blue Audi B5 S4. Its no stunner but its no shitter either.

I dont live for away and would be more then happy to travel up to you if it helps you out. Only real issue would be finding the time as i work lates 6 or 7 days a week but i could always try to free up some time and i can be as flexible as i can.

I wouldnt be into it for the pictures, although i would appreciate them, it would be more for the adventure. I could possibly even bring a friend or two in their cars aswell (E92 335i, Alfa 155, Accord Type R, Golf R32, S14a and others).

This is my motor, i can send you pictures of friends cars if they would be any good to you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

Apologies for the late response, work has been a bit mental.

Thanks for the interest so far; I appreciate all offers so please keep them coming. At this time I may potentially be interested in shooting the S13.4 but not the Audi. That's not because I'm a snob, the car looks lovely. Ideally though I'm looking for a motorsport-inspired car (something that looks as though it competes whether it does or not).

I should also add that my email has been hacked, so at the moment I can only take people up on interest via this thread or PM.

14. FireStorm999

recently got the wheels fitted too btw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Member

You can always come take some pics of my old battered Volvo 360, not that anyone would want to see them.

16. 93s13nick

93s13nick Member

PS13.4a is one cool ass car, the above one has got to be the best in existence? I want it :)

17. Joeh

Joeh Member

Yellow Powerhouse Amuse GT1 S2000? :)

18. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

The S2000 would fit the bill, although I notice you're in London. Are you able/willing to travel?

19. J--T

J--T Member

Damn, i wish my car was pretty enough for this :'(

20. Jacko_

Jacko_ Member

I'd love some proper pics of my e21 but it's not a track car.

[​IMG]