Full caged red mk1 mx5 turbo Ideal base for a skid car!

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Tailslider, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Tailslider

Tailslider Member

I bought this not too long ago with the intention of keeping it as a track day car however due to a new business venture and my other mk1 taking all of my money I havent actually tracked it yet and have ended up driving it as a daily for three weeks then putting it in to storage. It drives exceptionally well which I think is due to the massive amount of money which has been spent on it. It is also great on fuel! Funnily enough after getting back in to my naturally aspirated 1.8 it turns out this turbo car is better on fuel when pootling around! I did the same 560 mile round trip in both cars over the space of 2 weeks and managed to spend about £25 more in the nasp version :s The only reason it is for sale is that I need the space on my driveway as I am just about to lose my storage and could do with the money to finish off my fm2 turbo conversion on my 1.8. It would be an ideal base for a skid car.. a set of hard coilovers, some knuckles and a tonyturbo downpipe/cat to get it spooling early and it would be awesome fun :)

Spec is as follows,
    mk1 K reg 1.6 eunos roadster
    110,000 miles
    HPI Clear
    MOT until next August
    Tax has just ran out so I have declared it sorn whilst it is in storage
    Undersealed and the underneath is in really good condition
    New uprated clutch
    New cooling system including waterpump and radiator
    Timing belt and associated parts replaced

Clutch and Differential fluid changed along with a new clutch
    LOADS of service history

Greddy Turbo kit running a td04 Turbo
    From what I understand to be a link ECU
    Knock link detonation detector
    Trust intercooler setup
    Cone filter
    Braided oil feed line.
    Return tapped in to sump
    Safety 21/cusco Full rollcage with the rear diagonal aswell which is pretty rare!
    KYB AGX (I think?) Suspension
    HKS Hi-Power Exhaust
    Rota Wheels with brand new T1-R's on the front and good toyos on the back aswell
    1.8 Brake upgrade
    1.8 Rear differential upgrade
    Cusco oil catch can
    Brake stopper
    Nardi Steering wheel
    AFR gauge and boost gauge below stereo panel
    Round gear knob (feels nice to shift with!)
    Rear boot spoiler
    Magnecor leads
    Colder Spark plugs
    different Mirrors
    New Radiator
    Slam Panel cover
    Pivot Headlight lazy eye kit
    Yellow Stuff pads

The Car has been serviced at autolink for most of its life and comes with a massive folder FULL of every receipt since being in the country including its import documents! and on the last mot it had over £700 spent on uprating loads of parts and bits and bobs for the mot. Structurally it is absolutely sound and has had £3128 spent on it JUST with autolink let alone the massive other mound of receipts I have! It has receipts for all the important items and has had replacement cambelt/water system/brakes/differential setup etc etc there really is too much to list! as with all cars there are a couple of bad points which with this car is mainly the paint. I have done my best to polish up most of the panels and most of it has come up well however the front bumper was resprayed from what I understand to be laquer peel/stonechips but was definitely not done to a very good standard and was done before I purchased the car aswell as the offside door and rear panel having laquer peel. apart form the paint issues it really is a fantastic car and due to how well mechanically it has been looked after I think it would make a very good/reliable track car! it drives incredibly well! and is also very quick.. pulls nicely in every gear and makes a fantastic noise [​IMG]

Price: £2300

If you would like to come and view the car or have any questions please dont hesistate to pm me on here or call me on 07904979244

Thanks Charles

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tailslider

Tailslider Member

Oh and as for PX's I would only be interested if its something I really wanted.. as iv said I mainly need to sell it due to space but if someone offered me something cool (s13 etc) then I could possibly be interested..