Full Circuit Drifting @ Lydden Hill Kent 15th Oct

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Aug 12, 2011.

1. haza88

haza88 Active Member

my apoligies for holding people up on the faster parts of the track could only use second gear

thanks for organizing it mate was a sweet day other than my car slowly eating its headgasket lol

hopefully can be a regular thing if so im there every time

crowds were watching and hopefully the track was happy n will allow it to happen again

2. haza88

haza88 Active Member

and a few others

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. haza88

haza88 Active Member

4. Phil G

Phil G Active Member

i had a great day yesterday, nice to see so many ppl there having a great day. first track experiance and im no going back, it was great, fast, loadsa space, great bdc layout track, sessions every 45mins was great cos you get to chill change rubber and then its good to go again. glad my s15 kept up with the pounding. whens the next one? i gotta say the staff at lydden were spot on

5. Sea Squirrel

Sea Squirrel Jeff Mills Is Watching!

Totally agree. It's one of those things though that drifters often don't have that natural speed and line like track drivers often do and one of the reasons I think it's a good idea if next time, with many drifters with more experience standing around for the social, there's the opportunity to jump in and give some pointers on exactly those things

As for the guys in the 15 and blue 14; I left after the session where you guys ended up alone on track and thought you did really well. Only thing missing was the ability to initiate at speed and then slow down into the corner rather than braking and then speeding back up when you're literally just about to enter. Once you were sideways it looked smooth and fast enough. Let's face it, entries are one thing that session format definitely doesn't encourage as if you get it wrong you wreck the session so I thought you looked good out there, for what my opinion's worth :wack:

6. 2DRIFT

2DRIFT Member

Quick feedback:

I attended the lydden hill day with Stewart in the white s13 1jz. It's a great track and we spent the day working on setup changes and developments for next year. Car was on form until the very last session, with a small oil issue so it did not run. With 8 x 15min sessions throught out the day bringing enough tyres was our main problem. Brand new maxxis/neutoons were lasting about 10mins even with a few cool down laps during the sessions.

Sugestions for next time:

1. Drift briefing - The one provided by lydden was great, covered all safety issues. I felt you then needed a quick word from the drift organiser. Covering a few sugestions on warming up, not attacking every corner until your ready, and leaving a safe margin between cars. And if your not drifting a certain part of the track, where to place your car, off the drifting line so everyone knows what to expect.

2. There was a massive difference in driver Ability. Everyone has to start some where, and you learn so much on a proper track at speed compared to a day at santapod. But if you pay to attend and the sessions are filled with traffic,spinning, gravel adventures, it can really reduce the amount of "full comitment" drifting time. Having cars stuck in the gravel all session with begginers drifing past them was very odd?
    Maybe you could spilt into 2 groups? beginner and expert? I know its very hard to "self judge" what group you should be in, but you can always switch group! Beginner group should be limited to just the BDC corners until after lunch. And experts should be expected to warm up in the first session for at least 3 laps before they drift all the track.
    Surely there is enough time for 2x10min sessions per hour instead of 1x15mins?

3. Lydden Hill need 1 extra marshall on the exit of the BDC track 3/4 cut through. If someone spins on the exit the following driver is blind due to the high banking. We had some very near misses on this corner, which was flat out it 3rd gear, would have easily written off 2 cars.

4. Lets get some of the beginners out for passanger rides with the more experinced drifters. Back in the day,I learn't so much being in the passanger seat with better drivers.

Well done, overall a great day, and a massive thanks for the leg work getting drifting at Lydden Hill.

#246 2DRIFT, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  7. 2DRIFT

2DRIFT Member

P.s. All the driving of the white s13 1jz was done by the forgotten 2006 Eurodrift Pro champion Steward Hansford, unsponsored and still a drift hero! - stew153 on here.

#247 2DRIFT, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  8. Chimp

Chimp Member

thumbs up to his car/driving his crazy hollywood smoke tyres were amazing/ pain to follow :)

9. sam.mcd

sam.mcd New Member

Thanks to everyone for making it such a good day.

A few of my shots, first ever attempt at motorsport photography....

I ended up taking just over 2000 photographs so if anyone is after a specific shot I might have one so just ask.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Thanks for the feedback mate, this is the sort of thing we need. You were by far the hero of the day.
    We'll be having a marshall on the 3/4 loop next time, something i'd noted too.
    The session times and splitting us into groups was the circuits decision and it was discussed before the day but was dependent on the other track bookings, but i agree there was an obvious difference in skill levels but i felt comfortable on track not rushed or pressured for being slower, but must have been annoying being a faster car.

The circuit was really impressed with the way the day went, how everyone handled themself's on circuit and off, and are more than happy to have more drifting on the 19th nov 2011,

We'll get a new thread setup this week, comfirming everything. Hope to see you all there again.

11. lezbrucelee

Nice pics, got any of black s13 orange wheels?

12. stew153

stew153 Member

again thanks for organising the day really enjoyed it. there was only a few stoppages due to gravel antics but that is to be expected we have all been there did not really bother me as it saved a bit tyre wear but not much. we spoke to the track officer about the extra marshall on the corner he knew of the problem but did not have anyone available so he took note for next time but no problem. the sessions were fine only the first few were a bit hectic but with 20 cars on track you just need to keep an eye out we had 2 of us in the car so 4 eyes are better than 2. lets hope this keeps up it was looking a bit bleak at the start but all came good. just need to start saving some pennies to buy some more tyres went through 14 new ones so not a cheap day but loved every minute of it. took a couple of passengers out as well and they seemed to enjoy it happy to take out some beginneers out thats how i learnt. hopefully see everyone on the next one

13. Villen

Villen Member

any pics of the battleship grey r32? i was wearing a white lid when i was driving it lol cheers for taking all the time and effort to organise the day! definitely on it for the next one and hopefully I can bring my own car! So I can properly commit haha One of the best tracks I have ever been on for drifting seriously awesome day!

14. lezbrucelee

i put some videos up in the media section of the forum, the grey 33 is in there somewhere, glad you enjoyed it, next ones 19th november

15. lezbrucelee

Hope you can make the next one i need to know how u were pulling the massive entry into devils elbow, so much smoke! have a look at the video

16. steveboiboi

steveboiboi Southern style!

hope my aux belt has had its 5 mins of fun by the next one and stopped jumping off.. ill take the day allot slower... and see how it all turns out

17. stew153

stew153 Member

just leave it in 4th all the way round pilgrims down the hill pull the wand and hope to make the corner seemed to work well. i watched the vid its a real clear in camera shot i just see myself come past at light speed mint

18. Chimp

Chimp Member

i think i will be out until the spring of 2012 now just wanna get my car awesome for next season. lets hope we can have another day like this in march/april time