Gazebo for track days and other general uses.

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by rd-jon, Feb 16, 2014.

1. rd-jon

rd-jon Member

I have done a few track / drift days and the great weather we have has made a few of them pretty miserable, so I thought about getting a pop-up gazebo to take away to them. It would also be used in the garden on those rare sunny days.

Homebase have a 15% offer on this weekend, and I need some other bits from there so I though about getting one ordered at the same time.

Does anyone have any experience of the pop-up gazebos from Homebase? If so, what are your thoughts on them please?

There look to be 2 choices, with one being shower proof and the other waterproof.

2. 1N5_N15

1N5_N15 Member

Go for the waterproof if it's not too much dearer.
    Always better to have it over-engineered for the job

3. rd-jon

rd-jon Member

That's what I was thinking, just wondered if anyone had any experience of them. The reviews online look to be pretty balanced.

4. rd-jon

rd-jon Member

Well I went ahead and ordered the waterproof version from Homebase. Hopefully it will do the job without any trouble...

5. SkidRisk

SkidRisk Member

Just make sure you tie it down properly and perhaps if its doesnt have a cup on the pole in the middle of the gazebo you could put a sponge on the top to save ripping the material when it gets windy

6. rd-jon

rd-jon Member

Cheers, I was planning to tie it down to spare wheels at track / drift days, and use loads of pegs in the garden. Will check out the middle pole to see :thumbs:

7. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Rek seems to have more of a way with words to deal with posts like this. So ill just wait....

8. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

I often enjoy lying back on my gorgeous rat, they are always so comfy despite the constant chewing and squeaking

Do you have a bank account i can put money into in order to secure one of these amazing enclosures for rat reclining?