getting over understeer

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by joetheeskimo, Feb 24, 2014.

1. PeterT

PeterT fuck diffin.

in my mx5 i took it out on track and found i was getting bad understeer with the normal type of flick i was used to. turns out you really have to fuck it in to corners.

here is a video of mine, you can see how aggressive you have to be to get it to oversteer and not understeer with clutch kicks

2. DtheBUK

DtheBUK Active Member

What you're saying is technically correct but.... It's the first basic thing in vehicle dynamics relating to steady state cornering. Drifting is transient as fuck

3. joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo Member

This is a video from the other night, trying to get over understeer, the guy who uploaded it has about 11 different videos.

4. Kris200sx

Kris200sx Member

Soften the front slighty and check tyre pressures perhaps?? And dont use budgets. You get your moneys worth with them........f**k all. Clutch kick it with a flick.

5. PeterT

PeterT fuck diffin.

if thats you in the white one, your not being half aggressive enough!

6. Dex

Dex kut!

i have literally NO problems in mine? Got some falken 912's on front, and anything that goes on the back. not even that exessive PSI's aswell? 2.2 bars in the fronts, rear are about the same on the set i have on now. i don't even have to flick it that hard to get it going

7. joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo Member

No, i forgot to mention im in the sand colored MX5