GIXXER BUGGY - GSXR 600cc Edge Piranha Buggy - SWAP / PX

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by kevy-s13, May 7, 2012.

1. kevy-s13

kevy-s13 Member

SELLING DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES

If you know anything about buggies, you will most likely have heard about the edge piranha and you will know just how much time, money and effort it would take to have one built to this spec!

SPEC:
    - 1999 GSXR 600 SRAD engine
    - Spare GSXR 600 bottom end
    - GSXR working dashboard and clocks (mph/rpm etc) with two ORIGINAL keys
    - Push button start with fighter pilot style toggle switches
    - 6 Speed Sequential Gear change with hand clutch
    - Custom 4-2-1 manifold (costing over £1000 alone!)
    - Micron carbon fibre exhaust
    - Braided fuel lines
    - Protech dampening and height Adjustable 24" shocks (New last week at a cost of £450)
    - Prodrive carbon kevlar seat
    - Sparco 4 point harness
    - Quick release steering boss/wheel
    - Custom body panels encasing the engine and cockpit with vents made to direct air into the radiator area
    - Kenda bearclaw tyres all round
    - Spare GasGas 450 quad wheels
    - Spare DID 530 chain
    - Comes with a half complete front disc brake and hub assembly including stub axle, hub, disc calliper etc
    - Will be sold with a custom built trailer as shown in the photos

£3900 i will listen to reasonable offers only but please understand how much this has cost to build so you will not get this buggy for £1500 or anywhere near it!
    To date, between the previous owner/builder and myself, this buggy has cost in excess of of £6000 so i will not accept silly offers!!

I AM INTERESTED IN PART EXCHANGE OR SWAP FOR THE RIGHT MX BIKE / RACE QUAD / ROAD BIKE - R6 / GSXR 600 / CBR600 OR MAY EVEN CONSIDER PX WITH A ROAD/DRIFT CAR OR SOMETHING INTERESTING - W.H.Y??????

Call or text 07516767152 (i am located in northern ireland)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kevy-s13

kevy-s13 Member

for the past two outings, we had trouble with the chain slipping, hence the clicking sound you may hear on the take off.

this was just a wee test run of it for five minutes (round a perfectly flat 24 acre field lol) to see how bad the slipping was so didnt really take it over 8000 revs in 2nd gear (and it revs to 16k!! lol)

[​IMG]

stuck it back on the trailer, took it home and stripped the rear end to bits and FINALLY FOUND THE PROBLEM....the guy who had it a short while before me, drilled holes in the sprocket that were to big for the studs on the sprocket carrier. basically there was about 5mm movement of the sprocket back and forth causing the chain to come too loose and skip teeth.

new sprocket + machined holes perfectly to fit the carrier and its FIXED AND RUNNING LIKE A DREAM! pitty i only got it sorted about half an hour ago so wont be able to get it out again until next saturday (that is if its not sold by then)