Guaging interest in fibreglass s13 parts

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by Mrodoc, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Mrodoc

Mrodoc Member

Hi guys n girls,

Just guage interest on if anyone is looking for any fibreglass s13 parts they haven't found or don't want to do themselves?

I'm going to be making fibreglass copies of some of my s13 parts soon, and potentially making custom bits just wanted to get a rough idea of numbers that would potentially be interested all going well.

S13 dash -
    Centre console
    Door cards
    Standard bonnet
    Bonnet with dmax style vent
    Wings

And so on, once I get in the new house and have space to do this is I'll be starting,

Let me know if you'd potentially be interested just as rough numbers

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. liam bandy

liam bandy Member

If you can do a dmax style ps13 one id be interested

3. Shire Motorsport

I need a dmax style bonnet, dash, boot lid and a pair of doors

• Like Like x 1
  4. aarondim

aarondim Member

I'd take a hood and some cool doorcards

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

I'd love some of these:

Stock Bonnet
    Stock Front Wings
    Door Cards
    Interior centre console/dash etc

I have all the interior bits like centre console and gearstick surround & door cards I'd be willing to sell you cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

I think people are getting carried away in here but i have interest in some parts to.

What sort of experience do you have with making fibreglass parts etc ? just trying to gauge the quality and that im sure you can appreciate this.

A lot of those parts will go down well but what will the retail be ? EP supply genuine Dmax parts will your price be undercutting these ?

Just few questions i had when reading the thread , cheers :thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mrodoc

Mrodoc Member

No your right they are fair question and I'll happily answer them,

Previous to this it's mainly been repairs, however recently me and my cousin have been making the odd fibreglass part for the cars that he races.

Quality wise regardless of skill level if you take the time to make sure the whatever you are moulding is perfect and you go the proper channels with gel coat/molding release wax etc the finish product will only ever be as good as the mould.

Just for peace of mind for you all the parts that I do make will all be test fitted on my car and used on my car before I start selling them.

They will be reasonably priced yes they will not be business pricing, this that are wanting certain specific stuff like standard fenders and so on Id be happy to make for them but would need the originals to make said mould, in which case they're would be no additional cost other than my time as you have provided the part - I'm not trying to turn this into a business I just thought If I've got the moulds sitting from personal work I've done why not see if others want the same parts.

Bare in mind this won't be happening for a couple of months as we are moving house soon, the most that will be done is prep work and sealing on the parts ready to lay the fibreglass for the moulds, (I'll create a thread so people can see the lengths I'll be going to to ensure they come perfectly)

As for now I'm just wanting to get numbers together for who would be interested in what parts so I know whats got the higher demand and Incan prioritise that.

Personally for my car I'll be doing

Door cards
    Dash
    Centre console
    Gear surround
    Bonnet with dmax style vent + another I've got lying around
    I'll be making copies of my own body kit that's on the car aswell as the front vented fenders

I'll be making notes of names and what people want and keeping and eye in here as to who wants what.

One I've made the part for myself test fitted and ensured they fit and don't require sanding and trimming etc once delivered they will then be offered out.

As I said above I will create a thread or a instagram page so people can follow the levels of detail I'll be going to.

Any other questions I'm happy to answer them

#7 Mrodoc, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. matthew_l

matthew_l Member

Id really like a rear seat delete panel, but i dont know how many others would.

• Like Like x 1
  9. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

There's always been strong demand for Fibreglass parts.

Magic Aero was making some excellent stuff a while back, but due to health reasons they had to shut down.
    There is definitely the market for another company to put out the same stuff.

RPS13-32-1200x800.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 180Dorifto

180Dorifto New Member

If you could manage a decently priced Kouki/Type X Center taillight panel (the bit with reverse lights in) I would love you forever in ways deemed less than appropriate and I’m sure others would too. Short supply and £270 a pop seems outrageous.
    (Please don’t start shouting ‘that’s what you get, S chassis prices and all that’ because I don’t consider that a good enough reason to charge that much for plastic )

AC293933-95E4-4B7C-9C5C-4F7834B53583.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Baba

Baba Ex SuperSlide member

+1 for door cards

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shire Motorsport

Don’t forget doors

• Like Like x 1
  13. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

Thanks for the response man :thumbs:

We see a lot of people say where making this that or the other take numbers then realise they havn't got the skill to pull it off and everything goes quiet. Id definitely be interested in door cards as mine have seen better days maybe other interior parts too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mr_pea

mr_pea Member

I would be interested in a bonnet

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mrodoc

Mrodoc Member

Yeah iknow what you mean mate,

I'll be honest as I can about it all, I won't be doing any of it until we move which will be a couple of months, hence why I thought I'd get some numbers now so when we are in Incan prioritise what's the most in demand,

Cost wise.
    I'll.work it out as I go what it costs in materials and go from there

16. Mrodoc

Mrodoc Member

Okay, so from just reading down the thread this is what numbers are looking like at the moment for stuff.

Dashboard - 2
    Door cards - 4
    Standard bonnet - 3
    Dmax style bonnet - 1
    Doors - 1
    Boot lid - 1
    Stock wings - 1
    Centre console - 1
    Tail light panel - 1

If anyone wants to throw me some stuff I've missed providing I can get my hands on it I would be happy to make them.

Most of this stuff looks like it would need to go on a group buy thing if I'm going to be making moulds for bonnets/boot lids/doors etc

As I said just let me know if you or a friend would want anything and I'll keep updating the list then once I've moved in the new house I'll start with the most in demand bits and update from there :)

17. Shire Motorsport

I have my own motorsport company and would buy a lot of these to sell on depending on prices pal

• Like Like x 1
  18. john905

john905 Member

i would be interested in a d max bonnet bud

• Like Like x 1
  19. matthew_l

matthew_l Member

regularly picked up for £100-150 on drift pages on facebook..

20. Mrodoc

Mrodoc Member

Okay, so, just for everyone that was in here saying they was interested in stuff, I want to start a WhatsApp group or something so Incan run ideas past you and get your thoughts on potential designs etc that I've got ticking about in my brain, now seeing as you you would be the customers I want your input.

Also, I've the ran some of the numbers and done some market research and I can safely say that this will be going ahead.
    Facebook page and Instagram page to come to keep you all up to date on how far away a start sate is and how the moulds progress etc

Let me know if you want to be part of the WhatsApp group and I'll get it sorted tonight

• Like Like x 1