HELP ME CHOOSE A PROJECT DRIFT CAR!!!!!!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Ethan Unthank, May 26, 2019.

?

DRIFT CAR-Mustang V6 1996 or Nissan 240sx 1991

1. Mustang

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 240sx

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Ethan Unthank

Ethan Unthank New Member

Hi my name is Ethan and am getting a car this summer that i would like to turn into a project drift car. I love Mustangs and i was was able to find a 1996 V6 mustang in my price range. I was also able to find a 1991 Nissan 240sx. I really want to get the mustang but i know that the backing of the 240 is much stronger in the drift community than the mustang in drifting. Please help me. I don't know that the I4 in the 240sx will have enough power to get me sliding. keep in mind that i am only 15 YEARS OLD so you can imagine that i don't have a lot of money. BTW i cant get a Miata. Im 6'2. Please consider letting me know which car cost more to start drifting. Ex. steering knuckles, exhaust, camshaft, wheels, all that stuff. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
    YES I'M REALLY 15

2. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

Hey man. Congratulations on being 15, very unique.

Get the Miata. I'm 6'4" and it's the best car I've had out of many. Remove a bit of the seat padding or fit a different seat. It'll be kinda cramped but it was honestly fine for me. Keep it simple, budget coilovers and weld the diff.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Threadmark: Reply
    Ethan Unthank

Ethan Unthank New Member

Hey thanks man. That really helps me to know that someone taller than me is driving a Miata. that makes my search so much easier. I will definitely keep my eye out for some in my price range. Thank You.