HELP!!! S14 ENGINE LOOM TO S15 N/A DASH LOOM

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Kevin Phillips, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Kevin Phillips

Kevin Phillips New Member

Hey guess I'm just done a engine swap. I've put a zenki s14 engine (s14 loom and ecu to suit) into my s15 N/A
    Problem I'm having is no power to my ECU
    I've done a pin out for the s14 loom to s15 dash harness but still no luck
    Am I missing anything?
    Has anyone done this re pin/swap
    Thanks IMG_20191130_001829_684.

2. s15-newbie

s15-newbie Member

hi, what does you multimeter say? did you checked from battery to ecu if voltage is coming and also checked for ground? does it get the ING signal too?

could you post both pinouts you are using?

3. Kevin Phillips

Screenshot_20191214_090054_com.snapchat.android. Screenshot_20191214_084646_com.snapchat.android. Screenshot_20191214_082327_com.android.chrome. Yeah voltage is coming from battery, seems like I'm not re pinning the ecu properly

• Like Like x 1
  4. chidley

chidley i like fingers

These guides differ from region to region. You need to find out what country of origin the engine is from, and what country of origin the vehicle is from. I know the US/Aus/Europe/Japanese all have different wiring configurations.

Worst case, (noticed your in Ireland) - speak to Mark Norfolk (Norfy) or Mitch Clarke (former Driftgarage owner) as one of them may be able to rewire it for you

5. Kevin Phillips

It's a pain because realistically i need the jap diagram I imported everything from japan, only thing is that the pinout are in Japanese lol, I have power in the dash harness just seems that I'm missing the a certain wire or just not completing the full circuit

6. s15-newbie

s15-newbie Member

please check the plug of your sr20det ecu first. upper ecu is S14a, lower is S14. if you write zenki ecu should look like the lower one.
    WJ07NR1.
    i wouldnt trust any diagram in internet which say S14/S14a, as the pins are different between S14 and S14a.

may i know how you have done the wiring? did you pin out all wires of ECU? i´m asking because when i´m doing my engine wirings i take both, the one of the vehicle where the engine comes in and the one of the engine which comes into it. then i splice both wirings and separate them from ABS wires and engine (both wirings). then i cut the wires from S15 between ecu und F4. all other wires which are from s15 engine are between engine and ecu, so you could just pull these out. same you do with S14 engine wiring but you take the "engine-section" of it. by the way, after that you need to solder just 6 or 7 wires to get the engine run. i have done rb26 swaps into s15 for example.

BUT IMPORTANT! if your S15 was auto transmission and you swap in s14 sr20 manual, then you have to make a "jumper" at the AT-shifter plug. otherwise the starter will not turn.

if your ecu looks like the lower one, this should be the right pinout. can anybody confirm?
    tumblr_mi405zpsio1s1o7qho1_1280.

#6 s15-newbie, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  7. Kevin Phillips

Yeah my ECU and loom and engine are the zenki model but my issue is the F4 plug because I'm keep the s15 dash harness. That's where my issue is?
    That s15 is a manual also.
    So I'm guessing I wouldn't need to change the ecu pins because it's all for that model its just not connecting to the dash harness for power.

8. s15-newbie

s15-newbie Member

look here....

wiring.

you have the wirings of both cars. splice them and make the cuts between ECU and F4 plug on both wirings. DON´T cut the abs or wiper wires. then check the S15 F4 plug pinout and connect it to the S14 ecu plug. there are just a view wires needed to get the engine run, like ground, +12 v, ING, fuel relais. once you cuttet the wires you will see which wires you have to connect, just follow each wire and search for its function.

all you need is the S14 ecu pinout and the s15 f4 pinout.

good your car is manual. first time i swapped my car didn´t started due to the missing jumper in at-shifter-plug.

9. s15-newbie

s15-newbie Member

look here....

this is pretty old and done by me. due to rb26 engine swap i was searching for the f4 pin functions.

f4-pinout-1.
    f4-pinout-2.

as you see in the list you could proof any wire in the workshop manual. cost me alot of time to find any pin in the manuals. hope it helps you.

take the s15 wiring and make the cut between ecu and f4 plug. pull out all wires from ecu. after that you will have a half wiring with abs, wiper and f4 plug. then look the f4 plug you will see maybe 10x or less wires you have cuttet. they have functions like ground, +12 v, ING, fuel relais. take one wire, follow it to f4 plug and see which pin it goes. look into the list and make a small note to the wire with the function. after all wires have a note, follow the next step.

take the s14 SR20DET wiring and make the cut between ecu and f4 plug. pull out all wires from ecu. after that you will have a half wiring with all engine plugs and ecu plug. then look the ecu plug you will see maybe 15x or less wires you have cuttet. they have functions like ground, +12 v, ING, fuel relais. take one wire, follow it to the ecu plug and see which pin it goes. look into the ecu pinout and make a small note to the wire with the function. after all wires have a note, connect them to your s15 half wiring. connect (solder) the wires which have same function, like ING (from f4) to ING (from ecu), Ground (f4) to Ground (ecu), and so on.

#9 s15-newbie, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020