Help!! Toyota Soarer

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Cayjai, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Cayjai

Cayjai New Member

Hello all, I am fairly new to the upgrade scene of things, also new to the whole forum/thread thing.. anyways I need help in choosing what turbo I should get with what manifold for a single turbo conversion and if there are any other things like wastegates to get on top of those. Have been looking at the HX35 turbo and the 6boost T3 twin scroll 50mm manifold. Will these work together? What are other things to look for?

2. McFarlo

McFarlo Member

If you look in the Technical section, there is a large thread called "The HOLSET Thread" that is a great source of knowledge and information regarding mainly holsets as the title would suggest, but also some general info on turbos and setups, and some results posted by various users running different turbo/engine/etc setups to give you an idea of what does what and how well X will work with Y.

Is the car a 1JZ?

If so, an HX35 would be a good match, especially with the 12cm turbine.
    You're along the right lines with the twinscroll too, it really helps response over a single scroll setup if budget allows.

What do you want out of the car? Does it need to make a million billion hp on the dyno or do you want something more streetable and responsive? This will all effect not only your turbo choice, but other parts too.

It all comes down to what you want it to do, but things to look out for are a good 45 or 50mm wastegate, decent sized injectors, good coil packs, and as big as an exhaust as you can fit - the bigger the exhaust on a turbo car, the more responsive it is, the more torque and horsepower it makes. There is no "too big" on a turbo car.

A decent single plate or twin plate clutch will help put the power down too without melting clutch discs.

There's a tonne of info in the holset thread, it is a big thread but it's well worth the read. Some real gold in there regardless of turbo brand choice.

3. Cayjai

Cayjai New Member

Awesome I’ll check it out..

The car is a 1jzgte JZZ30 soarer, I pretty much want something more streetable but with decent hp say around the 400 range.. I already have a Greddy intercooler/kakimoto exhaust/boost controller/turbo timer. And I was looking at 1jzgte siemen 650cc Rail fuel injectors as well.

#3 Cayjai, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018