Help with alignment

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by z32bolt, May 9, 2018.

1. z32bolt

z32bolt New Member

Hi guys. My cars been off the road for 18 months or so, I paid a local shop to sort out the alignment. They set it up as a Z31 instead of a Z32 for starts. Long story short they did a crap job and the passenger rear in particular is visibly wrong.
    I’m getting the car through an MOT but it scrubs too much when driven. The passenger side rear has too much toe and is also sitting further back in the arch. I have adjustable arms for caster, camber and toe. But I’ve got myself completely confused as to where to start. I can’t see for the life of me how the caster arm adjusts caster rather than toe?
    Any guidance is appreciated.

2. immy21

immy21 Member

Most alignment places will not touch the rear caster/traction arm as they don't know what to do with it.
    Measure them from bolt centre to bolt centre, find out stock length and match it as a starting point.

It adjust the camber and toe curve as suspension moves, when car is lowered the curve gets screwed up, lengthening that arm helps to improve it but also pushes the wheel further back in the arch.

3. z32bolt

z32bolt New Member

Thanks for that. After looking again it appears i have miles of toe angle in comparison to the other. With a drift of about 20 across the wheels width. Il correct this, which hopefully will stop the scrubbing. Then leave the caster to professional help.
    Any recommendations in the Bournemouth and Poole area?